Redhat 8.0 and HPT372

Post by Rasta » Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:54

I am about to install Linux (Redhat 8.0) as a first time user.(Please note I
am not a newbie with Windows etc)
I downloaded the ISO files, created the CDs and started intall - with the
hope of adding it as an extra operating system in

addition to Win98 and WinXP.
It seems the Highpoint 372 Raid0 I have set up is not recognized.
Is there a workaround so that I can add Linux to my Raid HD?

Thanks!

Allan

1. Redhat 8.0 HPT372 Raid

Hey,
I have been trying to get a hold of the compiled drivers for my raid
controller, highpoint 372 raid. I tried installing 7.3 with the drivers that
were there on the highpoint website, but they didn't work for some reason. I
tried several other approaches as well, all of which failed at the initial
installation stage. I couldn't get the installation to load the drivers for
the Raid controller correctly, and detect my hard drives with the existing
partitions.

Does anybody know
1. where can I get the compiled drivers for redhat 8.0
2. do you have to format the entire array after redhat detects your raid
controller and hard drives, or can you get it to find the existing array and
partitions?
3. any other advice you can give me on installation on raid

Thanks.

--
                Roshan Raman

1102 W. Stoughton, #15, Urbana, IL-61801

2. Install of Solaris 7 on Sparc 20

3. re-exporting smb mounted filesystems from Redhat linux 8.0 to Solaris 8.0

4. Xemacs won't work in X!!!

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. Where to find 'expect'

7. Gnome 2.2 on Redhat 8.0

8. change IP address??

9. DHCP, RedHat 8.0 and custom kernel

10. Redhat 8.0 X Problem on Dell Optiplex GX110

11. Innd is not started on the Redhat Linux 8.0

12. Redhat 8.0 X Problem on Dell Optiplex GX110

13. RedHat 8.0 and Canon i850s printer.