vnc differences between 7.1 and 7.3

Post by Dal » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:37:28

I installed vnc on RH 7.1 from the source files on the vnc website; it
works fine and gives me the same desktop I see on the server itself.
My 7.1 xstartup file is actually a link to /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.

I've now installed 7.3 (including vnc) and the xstartup file just
includes a line similar to:

exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

which I would expect to behave the same way as 7.1 (the vnc code is
the same release level).

However, the remote desktop I get with 7.3 doesn't match the server
desktop, the noticeable difference is that the desktop has no icons.

Did I miss a configuration step somewhere?

Thanks in advance.