redhat newbie: apache jserv installation

redhat newbie: apache jserv installation

Post by Yiu Hung Pan » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I'm trying to install Jserv on RedHat 6.2:

- apache-1.3.12 already installed by the redhat installation process.
- jdk-1.3-BETA from sun
- jsdk2.0 from sun
- ApacheJServ-1.1.2-1.i386.rpm

I have these lines in jserv.properties:
wrapper.bin=/usr/java/jdk1.3/java
wrapper.classpath=/usr/lib/apache/ApacheJServ.jar
wrapper.classpath=/usr/java/JSDK2.0/lib/jsdk.jar

After that I tried to access the server
http://localhost/servlets/IsItWorking
but it returns an error message in the browser:

----------------------
Internal Server Error

unable to
complete your request.

of the
time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
caused
the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error
log.
----------------------

So what did I miss? Thanks in advance!

redhat newbie: apache jserv installation

Post by ypan » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

one more question:
when I go to the "ApacheJServ 1.1.2 Status" page
http://localhost/jserv/, it shows two urls:

Configured hosts - http://localhost/jserv/status?module=serverhost.com
Mapped servlet engines - http://localhost/jserv/engine/0/

The first link goes to a status page showing multiple
server parameters and values, but the second link does
not work, it reports the same old "Internal Server
Error, internal error or misconfiguration".

Has anybody encountered this problem before?

1. Apache Jserv installation wierdness

Ok, I decided to start over from scratch and try to install Apache Jserv
correctly.

I cannot get it to configure,

This is the problem:

checking JSDK... test: argument expected
configure: error: no javax.servlet.Servlet class or jar with it in
/usr/local/jsdk/lib

But it is there, I can't explain this one.

See :

trs{root}495: ls /usr/local/jsdk/lib
jsdk.jar

if you open this file up  in winzip it contains the file Servlet.class in
the directory /javax/servlet/ (among other files)

So what gives?

-Mark

2. Signal 11 - Help!!

3. Apache JServ Installation error messages

4. installation problem question?

5. Apache and Jserv Installation

6. TCL/Tk upgrade

7. Apache 1.3.3 and Jserv: installation problems

8. Managing default routes

9. Apache Jserv installation problem on AIX 4.3.3

10. Help needed JSERV Installation / error compiling apache

11. apache jserv installation help

12. NEWBIE ALERT--Apache JServ on Solaris 8(x86)