UDF read\write support...

Post by Atic » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 17:32:08

I use Red Hat Linux 7.2 with kernel 2.4.7. Everything works fine other
than my cd writer. When I put an original cd, the cd writer reads it
without any problem, but it doesn't read the cds that I've burned
because UDF read\write is not installed in my computer.

I have HP 8200+ CD writer. Speaking from my Windows operating system
experience, Windows operating system uses DirectCD, which is an
application that installs UDF read\write support for Windows operating
system.

DirectCD is an Adaptec product. I cruised all over the Adaptec website
to check if it had Linux version of DirectCD, but unfortunately, I
couldn't find such application. I've been spending days cruising on the
internet looking for UDF read\write support for Linux without any luck.
I am wondering if anybody has any solution or a suggestion for this
problem.

By the way, I also noticed that Red Hat Linux 7.2 already has a compiled
"udf.o" file in "lib/modules/2.4.7-10/kernel/fs/udf/" directory. How can
I get my cd writer to work?

Thanks.

UDF read\write support...

Post by Me » Mon, 11 Feb 2002 10:22:06

> I use Red Hat Linux 7.2 with kernel 2.4.7. Everything works fine other
> than my cd writer. When I put an original cd, the cd writer reads it
> without any problem, but it doesn't read the cds that I've burned
> because UDF read\write is not installed in my computer.

> I have HP 8200+ CD writer. Speaking from my Windows operating system
> experience, Windows operating system uses DirectCD, which is an
> application that installs UDF read\write support for Windows operating
> system.

> DirectCD is an Adaptec product. I cruised all over the Adaptec website
> to check if it had Linux version of DirectCD, but unfortunately, I
> couldn't find such application. I've been spending days cruising on the
> internet looking for UDF read\write support for Linux without any luck.
> I am wondering if anybody has any solution or a suggestion for this
> problem.

> By the way, I also noticed that Red Hat Linux 7.2 already has a compiled
> "udf.o" file in "lib/modules/2.4.7-10/kernel/fs/udf/" directory. How can
> I get my cd writer to work?

> Thanks.

mount -t udf /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

UDF read\write support...

Post by James Knot » Mon, 18 Feb 2002 22:13:50

> I use Red Hat Linux 7.2 with kernel 2.4.7. Everything works fine other
> than my cd writer. When I put an original cd, the cd writer reads it
> without any problem, but it doesn't read the cds that I've burned
> because UDF read\write is not installed in my computer.

> I have HP 8200+ CD writer. Speaking from my Windows operating system
> experience, Windows operating system uses DirectCD, which is an
> application that installs UDF read\write support for Windows operating
> system.

> DirectCD is an Adaptec product. I cruised all over the Adaptec website
> to check if it had Linux version of DirectCD, but unfortunately, I
> couldn't find such application. I've been spending days cruising on the
> internet looking for UDF read\write support for Linux without any luck.
> I am wondering if anybody has any solution or a suggestion for this
> problem.

> By the way, I also noticed that Red Hat Linux 7.2 already has a compiled
> "udf.o" file in "lib/modules/2.4.7-10/kernel/fs/udf/" directory. How can
> I get my cd writer to work?

Check http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html.

RH 7.2 has a utility called cdrecord, which burns CDs etc.  You'll also
want to get a graphical front end, such as kreatecd.

--

james.knott.

1. UDF read\write support for cd writers...

[...]

2. Email archiving

3. Blackhawk boot problems (PReP)

4. Mounting DirectCD 3.0 Media (ISO 9660/UDF) / UDF write support

5. Help with installing SLIP.

6. Kernel 2.3 support writing UDF?

7. SCO 3.2v4.2 Internet Server

8. UDF write support problem in 2.5.7

9. UDF Write Support with CD-RW and CD-R Devices ?

10. UDF write support?

11. UDF / Packet writing support

12. Sockets: write() writes OK, yet read() reads garbage...?