Unreal Tournament works under my login, but not son's

Unreal Tournament works under my login, but not son's

Post by John » Thu, 29 Aug 2002 06:28:25

I have UT installed under my user name in Linux rh7.3.  I can launch it
under my user log on, but not my sons, it says that the glide pkg is not
installed (it wouldn't install if I selected OpenGL, and it's not even using
Glide).  do I need to install it again logged in my son's user, or can I
copy something over?

help appreciated

john
rh 7.3

--

JuanO'sky
Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two

Post by Steven Stimpso » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 01:52:07

> I have UT installed under my user name in Linux rh7.3.  I can launch it
> under my user log on, but not my sons, it says that the glide pkg is not
> installed (it wouldn't install if I selected OpenGL, and it's not even
> using Glide).  do I need to install it again logged in my son's user, or
> can I copy something over?

> help appreciated

> john
> rh 7.3

> --

> JuanO'sky
> Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the
> two words "Watch this."

 I think this has something to do with the way unreal stores it
configuration file. on my system it stores it under home/username. so
when you try your sons username there is no config file there and unreal
is trying to use the defaults. if you can fiund a way to make your file
browser view hidden files and directories you could copy your config file
from your home directory to your sons. i think it's under .loki because
loki games used to host the patch. good luck
steven

Post by John » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 04:21:58

> > I have UT installed under my user name in Linux rh7.3.  I can launch it
> > under my user log on, but not my sons, it says that the glide pkg is not
> > installed (it wouldn't install if I selected OpenGL, and it's not even
> > using Glide).  do I need to install it again logged in my son's user, or
> > can I copy something over?

> > help appreciated

> > john
> > rh 7.3

> > --

>  I think this has something to do with the way unreal stores it
> configuration file. on my system it stores it under home/username. so
> when you try your sons username there is no config file there and unreal
> is trying to use the defaults. if you can fiund a way to make your file
> browser view hidden files and directories you could copy your config file
> from your home directory to your sons. i think it's under .loki because
> loki games used to host the patch. good luck
> steven

Thanks Steven...I'll give that a try...

john
rh 7.3

1. Anyone got Unreal Tournament working?

I'm trying to install UT-Linux-400A on 4.2-STABLE, and I'm getting the
following error:

./setup.data/bin/x86/glibc-2.1/setup.gtk: error in loading shared libraries: libxml.so.1: ELF file OS ABI invalid.

Anyone gotten the linux version of UT working, and if so, would you
please email me the info on how you did it?

Thanks!

ericr

2. Intrusion?

3. unreal tournament and linux firewall

4. IO-MEGA 800 Ditto not available...

5. Unreal Tournament

6. KHOROS port to Linux--experiences

7. error when running Unreal Tournament

8. Continuing problems with X on HP Omnibook 6100

9. Unreal Tournament in Linux

10. OpenGL problems w/ screensavers, Unreal Tournament

11. Anybody here playing Unreal Tournament?

12. Howto punch unreal tournament through firewall?

13. Unreal Tournament under FreeBSD