How to move RedHat 7.3 back to 7.2 in my laptop?

How to move RedHat 7.3 back to 7.2 in my laptop?

Post by Kening R » Tue, 02 Jul 2002 14:47:34

Hi,

I updated my RedHat 7.2 to 7.3. Then the "named" can not be started up
anymore. It shows me that there is an assertion in one line of one .c
file. I do not know how to fix this problem. Now I have some
solutions:
1, Get the source codes of RedHat 7.3 and compile it in my computer.
or 2, Get the source codes Linux kernel and compile it in my RedHat
7.3.
I would like to know if it is possible to fix this problem within the
my current RedHat without getting those source codes?

And I have a final solution: I want to move my RedHat back to 7.2. How
could I do it? How could I totally remove the 7.3 kernel and packages
without destorying the device drivers and other stuffs which are for
my laptop computer?

Need you help.
BR
--Kening