Ensoniq ES1371 Installation

Post by Frank Natol » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 22:47:42

dmesg reports that Linux 7.1 recognizes Ensoniq ES1371 on a Micron Millennia
Plus motherboard.

"modprobe -c | grep 1371" reveals "alias sound-slot-0 es1371".

So I guess the driver is loaded. But Applets/Multimedia/CD Player will not
play any music CD, though the Eject button will eject the music CD. Pressing
the Play button has no effect. No display, no sound.

My ultimate objective is to write G711 mu law PCM data to the PC audio
device. A telephony device is generating the data, and I would like to
listen to it. Is there a /usr/include file that documents relevant devices
and/or ioctls?

Thanks.

Post by Lenard Charter » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 23:57:02

> dmesg reports that Linux 7.1 recognizes Ensoniq ES1371 on a Micron
> Millennia Plus motherboard.

> "modprobe -c | grep 1371" reveals "alias sound-slot-0 es1371".

> So I guess the driver is loaded. But Applets/Multimedia/CD Player will
> not play any music CD, though the Eject button will eject the music CD.
> Pressing the Play button has no effect. No display, no sound.

> My ultimate objective is to write G711 mu law PCM data to the PC audio
> device. A telephony device is generating the data, and I would like to
> listen to it. Is there a /usr/include file that documents relevant
> devices and/or ioctls?

> Thanks.

The most common problem with playing music CDs is no audio cable from the
CD-ROM to the sound card. WinBlows does not need it, Linux does.

HTH

1. Ensoniq ES1371 Installation

dmesg reports that Linux 7.1 recognizes Ensoniq ES1371 on a Micron Millennia
Plus motherboard.

"modprobe -c | grep 1371" reveals "alias sound-slot-0 es1371".

So I guess the driver is loaded. But Applets/Multimedia/CD Player will not
play any music CD, though the Eject button will eject the music CD. Pressing
the Play button has no effect. No display, no sound.

My ultimate objective is to write G711 mu law PCM data to the PC audio
device. A telephony device is generating the data, and I would like to
listen to it. Is there a /usr/include file that documents relevant devices
and/or ioctls?

Thanks.

2. Help: Khoros + linux = gcc problems

3. (long) DTV2000 - bttv / Creative Ensoniq - ES1371

4. Getting Wheel to work on MS Intellimouse USB

5. es1371.o ensoniq sound missing symbol

6. XF86 and Cirrus5465 ans S3MX

7. Ensoniq AudioPCI97 (ES1371)

8. Netscape has multidomain capabilities ????

9. Sound card problem: Ensoniq ES1371 audio PCI-97 chip set

10. No sound from Ensoniq es1371 sound card

11. Ensoniq|ES1371 soundcard problems

12. 2.2.18: difficulties with Ensoniq 5880 (es1371) rev 0x03?

13. No sound from Ensoniq es1371 sound card