uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux

uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux

Post by Raymon » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:38:41

how do i remove, uninstall REDhat linux. I want to lose it, and go on with
Windows XP, but how do i remove LINUX

uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux

Post by Bill Kreame » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:56:14

If you can't format the hard drive (or the partition that contains Linux),
the try partitioning software such as Partition Commander. With it, you can
delete the Linux partition and create a Windows partition.

Post by Frank Thye » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:39:34

> how do i remove, uninstall REDhat linux. I want to lose it, and go on with
> Windows XP, but how do i remove LINUX

don't forget to clean your mbr from your (only if installed
before) linux bootloader
fdisk /mbr

uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux

Post by Todd Jone » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 06:37:00

There is an Appendix in the installation guide which outlines the
process.  The installation guide may be downloaded from redhat.com.  The
procedure is quite simple in the you use fdisk to clear the mbr and then
start the install of RH again but choose linux expert.  The directions
explain the rest.

Todd Jones

> how do i remove, uninstall REDhat linux. I want to lose it, and go on
> with Windows XP, but how do i remove LINUX

uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux

Post by Chad » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 13:42:07

Hi.

You will need a Windows boot disk with fdisk. Run FDISK and delete and/or
add partitions accordingly. Reboot and format the new partition. You can
boot from the windows XP cd. (yes,it's bootable) I believe there's a
partitioning section when you boot on CD.

Let me know how it turns out.

Regards,

Chad

> how do i remove, uninstall REDhat linux. I want to lose it, and go on with
> Windows XP, but how do i remove LINUX

uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux

Post by Steven Rhode » Mon, 04 Mar 2002 00:29:30

I could halfway understand Win2000Pro, but XP? What a poor choice!

FDISK the Non DOS partitions out and create a new single partition for M$
XP, hope you enjoy a slow, sluggish, HACKERS DREAM!

> how do i remove, uninstall REDhat linux. I want to lose it, and go on with
> Windows XP, but how do i remove LINUX

uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux

Post by Jonathan Hor » Mon, 04 Mar 2002 04:27:26

the win2k or winxp cd should be bootable, and the partitioning portion
of install can remove any linux partitions, and will take care of your
mbr at that time too.

no dont do it!!!  :)