installation problem - system restart in the middle of installation

installation problem - system restart in the middle of installation

Post by sendo.. » Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:35:47

I have been trying to install Red Hat Linux 7.1 on a system that has
Win 98. But during the installation of linux, my computer will restart
for no apparent reason. Sometimes it will restart while loading the
configurations or sometime during file copying. Does anyone know a
solution to this problem??

I tired install Win 2000 on the same system and the same thing happens
too.

installation problem - system restart in the middle of installation

It sounds like a hardware problem, since it happens with either OS.

--
Replies sent via e-mail to this address will be promptly ignored.

installation problem - system restart in the middle of installation

Post by i82muc » Tue, 31 Jul 2001 07:15:26

Check your memory first.

> It sounds like a hardware problem, since it happens with either OS.

> > I have been trying to install Red Hat Linux 7.1 on a system that has
> > Win 98. But during the installation of linux, my computer will restart
> > for no apparent reason. Sometimes it will restart while loading the
> > configurations or sometime during file copying. Does anyone know a
> > solution to this problem??

> > I tired install Win 2000 on the same system and the same thing happens
> > too.

> --
> Replies sent via e-mail to this address will be promptly ignored.

installation problem - system restart in the middle of installation

I knew I was forgetting something.  ;-)