Problems With Internet/Netscape

Post by Eric Weis » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:47:50

I have RH 7.0 and have a problem that appears to be timing out of my
Intenet connection.  I've been trying to download Samba and some other
things in RPMs and frequently it stalls at 25% or so.  Also I frequently
get messages that Netscape can't connect to web sites even though other
machines on my LAN have no problem.  The RH machine is the only Linux
machine on the LAN, the rest are Windows 98 or Windows 2000.

Eventually, I'd like to make the RH my Internet connection, but right
now it does not seem like the connection is working quite right.

Any suggestions on why I can connect sometimes?

Thanks.

Eric

Problems With Internet/Netscape

Post by Keit » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:20:05

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:47:50 GMT,

> I have RH 7.0 and have a problem that appears to be timing out of my
> Intenet connection.  I've been trying to download Samba and some other
> things in RPMs and frequently it stalls at 25% or so.  Also I frequently
> get messages that Netscape can't connect to web sites even though other
> machines on my LAN have no problem.  The RH machine is the only Linux
> machine on the LAN, the rest are Windows 98 or Windows 2000.

> Eventually, I'd like to make the RH my Internet connection, but right
> now it does not seem like the connection is working quite right.

> Any suggestions on why I can connect sometimes?

 Use a FTP client in passive mode. NcFTP is a good client for
the command line and GFTP(Gnome) is good for X. For windows use
WS_FTP Pro or Light Version.

Quote:

--
Best Regards,  Keith
NW Oregon Radio http://n6jpa.home.attbi.com/ Church of the Bourne Again

1. Netra Netscape Internet Server Problem

Our Netra server came with Netscape's Internet Server. It's a nice interface
which I would like to use. It worked in the past until I had a reconfiguration
problem on the server. Some of the filesystems had to be restored and the paths
to certain directories may have gotten mixed up in the process. The Netscape
server seems to start up okay, but it doesn't seem to run the cgi scripts
anymore. Does anyone know where I can find more information on the Netscape
Internet Server?

Colleen

2. PC-NFS 5.1 and Solaris 2.4

3. Problems browsing the internet - Solaris8 - Netscape 7

4. Auto-loader DAT Drive?

5. Login/Password Problem with Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer

6. Video Card Troubles

7. Problem with my configuration (Modem and Internet Connection - Kppp....Netscape)

8. X server for NeoMagic Magicgraph256ZX

9. KDE/ Netscape Internet problem

10. Netscape Internet Connection Problem!!!!

11. problem Netscape Communicator 4.03 not running but netscape 3.04 is running

12. Problems with Netscape 4.6x and Netscape 4.7x

13. Netscape erkent Internet verbindung nicht