Thought: KMail Hook To Exchange Server 2000

Thought: KMail Hook To Exchange Server 2000

Post by Google Mi » Sat, 08 Mar 2003 12:22:32

I'm a VB/C#/Java developer in the W2K world, now an RH8 convert and an
avid manual reader.

Besides the obvious technique of auto-forwarding, or paying for Ximian
Connector, what's the fastest programming technique that one can build
so that KMail in RH8 can access their Exchange inbox for at least
email messages?

One technique I thought about was to write a W2K service that polls my
inbox and downloads the emails to a W2K hard drive as a Maildir
Mailbox. Then, if that directory were mounted in Samba (smbmount
command on Linux), KMail could connect to that mail directory as one
of the options it has. The W2K service could then delete messages
older than 4 days both out of the Exchange inbox and out of the
Maildir directory. To get into my inbox, I could use CDO2K.

'Sounds like a lot of programmer hours. Got a faster technique?

1. SunForum 3.0 and Microsoft Exchange 2000 Conference Server

Having trouble getting  SunForum 3.0, running on a Solaris 2.5.1,  to
connect to a Microsoft Exchange 2000 Conference Server H.323 meeting.  I've
been able to connect to a non-323 (multicast) conference.
Has anyone done any testing on this ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Pat Hartman
BTG, Inc.

2. Opening ports in an IPtables firewall

3. Using kmail with exchange 5.5 server

4. Ambra 17" Monitor Settings

5. Kmail to MS Exchange server ?

6. Where is "make"?

7. MS patches Exchange 2000 email spy bug

8. Sager Notebook 8200 prob solved!!

9. Replace MS Exchange 2000

10. Proxying OWA (Exchange 2000) with Apache 2.0

11. Korganizer Exchange 2000 plugin

12. Replace MS Exchange 2000