1. HELP! IBM PC Server 300 Linux Conversion
I'm running pretty similar hardware:
IBM pc Server 320 Dual P133 6 EISA/ISA 3 PCI
70Meg RAM (Don't ask me how)
Adaptec 2940 SCSI Controller.
Seagate 20GB SCSI
IBM SCSI CDR
3com PCI NIC
ATI Video PCI
I have never been able to get this thing to boot with Any IDE drives, So
maybe the IDE CDROM is a problem. I love the box, but it is quite quirky,
especially because of the EISA.
I also was never able to install Windows on it, cause Windows doesn't have
drivers for the Adaptec SCSI controller. I'm not really too upset over not
being able to use windows though. But as I remember it was similar, that
the Windows startup would start loading then choke cause it couldn't access
the SCSI CDR it was booted on.
I run Debian on it, I can't say it's the best for you, but it is the best
for me. The biggest thing is having a SCSI controller that is supported,
I've never had a problem with the Adaptec, but it's a pretty popular one.
But it sounds like you might be having a similar problem because you're
using IDE and SCSI. I know I've never been able to do anything with this
when an IDE was in it, I never tried it with only IDE, it might work.
If that's the case, then you'll either need to get a SCSI CDR or do a
floppy install, which isn't too painful with Debian.
2. How to activate NumLock when Xwindows starts ?
3. IBM PC Server 300?
4. Imperial USA
5. IBM PC Server 300 PCI with SCSI controller card
6. How To? Kill an Orphaned tty Process
7. Hardware Question: Does Anyone have BSD running on a IBM PC Server 325 w/ PII 300
8. SCSI bus reset with Adaptec AIC 7880 Kernel 2.2.13/14 ...
9. BSD on IBM PC Server 300?
10. Any Linux experience with IBM PC Series 300 wanted
11. IBM PC 300
12. IBM PC-300 Network Adapters
13. IBM Server 300 Installation problems