List of supported PCI 802.11b cards

Post by Frank Rizz » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:01:45

Where can I get a list of supported PCI 802.11b cards.
I have a USR2216  Wireless PCI Adapter and it doesn't seem to be supported
under RH9.

Thanks.

--
Frank

List of supported PCI 802.11b cards

Post by Timothy Murph » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:28:38

> Where can I get a list of supported PCI 802.11b cards.
> I have a USR2216  Wireless PCI Adapter and it doesn't seem to be supported
> under RH9.

This isn't a complete list,
but you'll get a lot of info --
particularly about cards working under the kernel module orinoco_cs -- at
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Wireless.html

--
Timothy Murphy

tel: +353-86-233 6090

1. Solaris on laptops; is support there for APM, PCMCIA, 802.11b cards, CDPD cards?

There are 3 models of various qty "older" laptops that we currently run FreeBSD on
(KDE w/ KOffc but this can be CDE w/ StarOffc) that we'd like switching over to
Solaris 8 (x86).

Can anyone verify functionality as to:
(BTW am I in the right newsgroup or is there a more specific one for laptops??)
(also BTW the 3 models are: Toshiba Tecras 720CDT w/ P133, 144MB mem and 10GB HDs,
IBM Thinkpad 760 XD w/ P166, 80MB mem, 2GB HDs, Dell XPi P133 w/ 40MB mem & 1.4GB
HDs)

1.) video drivers to be able for these LCD displays to run X (CDE say) Can be CDE but
also satisfied w/ KDE or Gnome (not Openwindows, our users wouldn't go for this)

2.) APM as in power mgmt for batt to last, suspend resume of display, HD, etc ...

3.) PCMCIA for cards to be plugged in , recognized, suspended, powered dn, ejected ..
    Does a list of supported cards reside somewher ..

4.) Wireless LAN for roaming around inside the building (802.11b for now & 802.11a in
2002) support for which cards ?? (this question also ties in w/ previous question as
to PCMCIA slot functionality..) Support for roaming function of 802.11b

5.) CDPD; we use the Merlin CDPD card for wireless internet in the New England area
currently we use Nick Sayer's FreeBSD port to monitor CDPD connectivity and a PPP
script that MIT FreeBSD guru M. Horowitz wrote for us to bring up the CDPD wireless
internet cards and keep it connected. Any such support ???
If not can anyone foresee problems in re-compiling the ports ourselves for Sol 8
(x86)? I imagine a lot of the library references would need to change ??? ...

Thanx in advance to any/all respondents
-PG

2. Sawfish on Solaris 8?

3. 802.11b isa or pci support?

4. IRC Server wanted

5. any wireless 802.11b pci card for linux?

6. Solution to TCP/IP problems (I think)

7. Have PRISM-based PCI 802.11b wireless card - what drivers for Solaris?

8. What is the Gotcha with this combo?

9. 802.11b/""Mbps WLAN PCI card from Pheenet recommendable ?????

10. Are there any device drivers for PCI 802.11b cards under Solaris?

11. TrueMobile 1180 Internal 802.11b Mini-PCI Card

12. Reliable, cheap 802.11b PCI card for Linux?

13. 802.11b PCI card that works with Redhat 8.0 (GCC3)