Bootloader to GUI

Post by Royce » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:10:41

how do i set the bootloader to start the GUI

i have grub or Lilo, whatever.

just tell me how i can get the bootloader to start GUI

Bootloader to GUI

Post by Whom » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:46:30

> how do i set the bootloader to start the GUI

> i have grub or Lilo, whatever.

> just tell me how i can get the bootloader to start GUI

If you mean "my system boots into console mode and I'd like it to boot into
graphical mode" do (as root):

shell> vi /etc/inittab

In the line:

id:3:initdefault:

replace 3 by 5.

Then, using the GUI, you might want to look at -> System Settings -> Login
Screen to customize even more.

Bootloader to GUI