Kerberos Configuration

Post by Sekhar Ha » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 02:09:16

Sir/Madam,

    I have installed RH Linux 9.0 and I want to configure Kerberos on
my machine.But I am a newbie in Kerberos section and I want to know
fully how to configure it on my linux box with an example or is there
any other good document available in the net to do this ?.Also please
mention the pros and cons of using this service in a linux box ?.This
is not for any production environment or any other purpose.This is
just to study myself.Please help.

Thanks in Advance,
Sekhar Hari

1. Kerberos configuration for local network on SunOS 4.1.4

I am trying to set up a Kerberos server on a Sparcstation in my lab,
for locally encrypted telnet and rlogin, and so that when we get
Internetted, nobody packet sniffs our logins to MIT. Could somebody
help me out with an indication of what the appropriate /etc/services
and /etc/inetd.conf and /etc/krb5.conf entries are for the latest Krb5
distribution from athena-dist.mit.edu, the snapshot from 950515? The
installation notes have big spaces marked "we'll do this real soon,
honest".

I've got a master password and krb5kdc running, but still cannot use
kpasswd. Kinit and klist works fine.

                                Nico Garcia

My opinions are my own, not MIT's or my employer's or my cat's
(Well, maybe my cat's....)

2. different versions of cc

3. Kerberos functionality/configuration for NetBSD 1.2

4. cancel <c7fBc.787606$Pk3.141560@pd7tw1no>

5. What are kerberos and kerberos administration ?

6. Bourne Shell help required on SunOS 4.1.3

7. Kerberos DES Library is required for Kerberos support

8. HPUX question

9. FTP and Kerberos - Kerberos V4 krb_mk_req !!

10. Help texts for Kernel configuration (was: Kernel configuration utility)

11. ADSL connection configuration - router/nat configuration

12. kerberos

13. kerberos v5 for Solaris 2.0