these 3 questions from my C++ E-mail group, and my reply to C++ group

these 3 questions from my C++ E-mail group, and my reply to C++ group

Post by Eric » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 21:14:30

Hay man their must be a RED HAT E-mail group, does anybody know about one
then we can both join?

See three comments below

hi guys,

I know that these set of questions are out-of-track....
but I know U great guys will not bother it much....well..:)
these are few questions which were bothering
me for a long time. I had gone though the
manual but just could not find any help....
may be they are too trivial!!
well,
1) how do I make the cursor blink in the
   console??

// Is this a energy saving idea?, Just jokeing
// or as a screen saver?

2) Don't U guys feel the LILO in RH7.1 is
   not well designed! In the sense the
   highlightened OS is not clearly visible.
   In contrast to the "Orange" and "Yellow"
   ....surprisingly it is the "Orange" which
   decides the OS to be booted!!.....however
   one puts it...I hope I have made it clear :)
   Only at some uncompromising brightness, the
   highlightened OS can be seen. But I am sure
   that amt. of brightness is not common or
   atleast one wants !!
   Is there any way to change that ??

// I am just tring out 7.1 and found LILO all right.
// I got RedHat 7.1 from a magazine CDROM
// APC Australia

3) I have noticed that while surfing the net...
   the scripture of certain sites is completely
   out of propotion!! In the sense...the
   heading is quite big, there is a overlapping
   of words etc.
   I have tried changing the fonts from the
   preference of the browser. I have also
   tried that from the KDE control centre.
   How do I rectify this ??

// yes any browser in Linux seems to lack something, have
// you tried OPERA it opens up like a rocket compared getting
// frustrated waiting for Netscape 4.7 to open up

--
From Eric

these 3 questions from my C++ E-mail group, and my reply to C++ group

Post by Eric » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 17:34:49

frustration and they say "have a lot of fun"

--
From Eric

.

Quote:> Hay man their must be a RED HAT E-mail group, does anybody know about one
> then we can both join?

> See three comments below

> hi guys,

> I know that these set of questions are out-of-track....
> but I know U great guys will not bother it much....well..:)
> these are few questions which were bothering
> me for a long time. I had gone though the
> manual but just could not find any help....
> may be they are too trivial!!
> well,
> 1) how do I make the cursor blink in the
>    console??

> // Is this a energy saving idea?, Just jokeing
> // or as a screen saver?

> 2) Don't U guys feel the LILO in RH7.1 is
>    not well designed! In the sense the
>    highlightened OS is not clearly visible.
>    In contrast to the "Orange" and "Yellow"
>    ....surprisingly it is the "Orange" which
>    decides the OS to be booted!!.....however
>    one puts it...I hope I have made it clear :)
>    Only at some uncompromising brightness, the
>    highlightened OS can be seen. But I am sure
>    that amt. of brightness is not common or
>    atleast one wants !!
>    Is there any way to change that ??

> // I am just tring out 7.1 and found LILO all right.
> // I got RedHat 7.1 from a magazine CDROM
> // APC Australia

> 3) I have noticed that while surfing the net...
>    the scripture of certain sites is completely
>    out of propotion!! In the sense...the
>    heading is quite big, there is a overlapping
>    of words etc.
>    I have tried changing the fonts from the
>    preference of the browser. I have also
>    tried that from the KDE control centre.
>    How do I rectify this ??

> // yes any browser in Linux seems to lack something, have
> // you tried OPERA it opens up like a rocket compared getting
> // frustrated waiting for Netscape 4.7 to open up

> --
> From Eric

1. cannot set up UMASK or groups so that users from one group cannot access other groups

Hi

First let me describe what I would like to set up to clarify things:

Scenario:

I would like to set up 3 groups, lets call them A, B, C. Users from A should
have access files created by users in B or C. Users in B or C cannot access
files created by users in A. Also users in B or C should not have access to
each others files.

How would I set up Umask to handle this? I've tried to create a primary
group for all and secondary groups to reflect the permissions I'm after, but
to no avail.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

Jon

2. Win 95 reboot to Dos killed Linux partitions.

3. grouping a group to a group?

4. console and groups

5. Keeping groups, groups and groups straight

6. Lilio boot Manager entfernen ???

7. GROUPS CONTAINING OTHER GROUPS (/etc/group)

8. Ultra 66 Promise cards

9. /etc/group groups inside of groups?

10. user and group management - how to emulate groups into groups in linux ?

11. dismix groups enforce -nullify C++ code

12. The Front Range C++ Users Group

13. file system question, S in group - please use this reply