WHy does up2date skip package NOT in the skip list

WHy does up2date skip package NOT in the skip list

Post by Dr Deadp » Thu, 22 May 2003 07:11:42

Hi,

I'm new to up2date and I have noticed some behavior I'm trying to understand.
When I for example do a up2date -d glibc. It downloads the glibc as well
teh glibc-common but not the corresponding glibc-devel. glibc is not
in my skip list . ALso, teh glibc-devel version installed is older than
the one on RHN. Can someone tell me why this happens.

ALso, How can I ask up2date to update only a certain package group,
say only the kernel or only the glibc packaages.

Thanks

DrD