Funky RH 7.3 printing problem

Post by Spide » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 08:26:14

Quote:> I have a Linux box running RH 7.3 and another box running Windows
> 98. I have the Linux box configured to print to the Windows 98 box
via
> Samba but I'm having a weird problem. This setup worked flawlessly
when I
> had RH 7.2, but since I upgraded to 7.3 everything I print looks
like it's
> smeared from left to right across the page. I know it's not the
printer
> (it's an HP 840C btw) because it will print fine in Windows. I've
tried
> tweaking all the printer settings, but nothing seems to help. Anyone
know
> what would cause this or a possible fix?

DejaVous - I had the exact same problem (Using Win2K and an HP 855C)
but other than that, exactly the same.

7.2 printed through to Windows via SAMBA with no problems, installed
7.3, recreated the settings EXACTLY and now I have the smearing
problem and VERY sloowwwwwwww..........

Hope someone has some kind of an answer - for both of us!

~Spider

1. RH 7.3 Printing Problem

I have a Linux box running RH 7.3 and another box running Windows 98.
have the Linux box configured to print to the Windows 98 box via Samba
but I'm having a weird problem. This setup worked flawlessly when I
had
RH 7.2, but since I upgraded to 7.3 everything I print looks like it's
smeared from left to right across the page. I know it's not the
printer
(it's an HP 840C btw) because it will print fine in Windows. I've
tried
tweaking all the printer settings, but nothing seems to help. Anyone
know
what would cause this or a possible fix?

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

2. Virtual Hosts and Sendmail

3. Trouble printing to a local printer with RH 7.3

4. SUN USER GROUP EAST COAST CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION, JUNE, BOSTON

5. RH 7.3 KDE3.0.1 RPMs with RH 7.2

6. Audio CD's on a CD-ROM Drive

7. newbie-How to upgrade from RH 7.2 to RH 7.3?

8. Screen resolution problem

9. Networking ssues post RH 7.3 to RH 9.0

10. Need help making dual boot RH 7.3/RH 8.0 drive

11. diamond rio 300 not working under RH 7.3 & RH 8

12. Using Bootpart 2.5 RH Newbie (win2k+RH 7.3 on Dell Laptop )

13. Dell Poweredge 2600 SMP RH 7.3 ntpd and other problems