Can U install Red Hat 6rpm's in Red 7.1 ?

Can U install Red Hat 6rpm's in Red 7.1 ?

Post by joh » Tue, 31 Jul 2001 07:49:13

Hello

Can U tell me will R/H 6 rpm's install into R/H 7.1 OS. I was trying
to install XISP, and the only rpm I could find was for R/H 6.

I am getting 2 errors of 'X form >=0.88' and 'libforms.so.0.88' are
both needed. Doing 'locate' I can't find either, which seems odd, as
being a later version of R/H , I'd have thought that I would also have
had, later versions of these 2 files.

[ Got kppp sorted out- But I particulary wanted XISP for its facility
to allow SecureID card log-in ]

Any help gratefully received

John.

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. Properly kill program logging out of X?

3. Red Hat Linux 7.1 install error - Can't find root filesystem?

4. Name brand PCs and linux

5. Red Hat 7.1 install won't see my CD drive

6. binaries of fvwm95

7. Can't install Red Hat 7.1 on a compaq Prosignia 300 24M

8. msync()

9. Linuxconf didn't get installed with 7.1 red hat

10. Red Hat 7.1's standard vim doesn't include cmdline_hist feature anymore

11. 'externalDisp' broken on Red Hat 7.1?

12. Red Hat 7.1/2.4.4 'su -' problems and messages oddities