multiple amd process spawned and hang the RedHat Box

multiple amd process spawned and hang the RedHat Box

Post by Atlas Y » Thu, 09 May 2002 04:36:09

hi, I was wondering what caused the amd process spawned more than one
process, when it does, from the ps we'll see there's more than
/usr/sbin/amd -F /etc/amd.conf process and all the /net won't be able
to be accessed, the uptime show high load and eventually the Linux Box
will die.

back in kernel 2.2.4, I can shut down the amd process and then kill
the extra amd process and restart the amd daemon, and it will start
working again, load will go down and /net can be accessed. I upgraded
the kernel to 2.4-18 with nfs3 client support. when this multiple
process happened, i can't kill anymore and has to do a hard reboot.
soft reboot won't work as it will hang there forever to umount /net

Just wondering if you guys have seen this before..this is really
killing me :(

Thank you.

- Atlas Yeo

multiple amd process spawned and hang the RedHat Box

Post by Atlas Y » Fri, 10 May 2002 08:36:59

shameless bump..anyone knows this?

1. multiple amd process spawned and hang the RedHat Box

[...]

2. Linmodem for internet connection in a proxy server?

3. New SUN Workstation for 895 bucks

4. PPP spawns multiple ip-up processes

5. appeal of bootx

6. Q:Samba spawns processes and hangs thereafter....!?

7. How to print page range in Netscape/Linux

8. Spawning multiple concurrent processes

9. lpd spawning multiple child processes

10. how to kill a spawned process when it hangs

11. spawned processes and process interdependencies

12. RedHat 7.3 install problem on AMD box