Samba printing

Post by Jhasma » Sun, 12 May 2002 10:57:57

Hello everyone,

When I install Samba printers on my Win2k workstation, they print just
fine.  The only problem is that the status stays at "Opening" when you
look at the Win2k printers folder, and when I try double click on the
printer in  this folder, it says "Printer failed to open, re-trying".
Anyone have this problem?  Anyone know how to fix it?

I'm running RH 7.2, w/ Samba 2.2.3a

Here is my smb.conf :

[global]
   workgroup = interzone
   status = yes
   server string = tokyo Samba Server
   local master = yes
   domain master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   domain logons = yes
   hosts allow = 10.0.0.
   load printers = yes
   os level = 33
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   use client driver = yes
   log file = /usr/local/smb/var/log.%m
   max log size = 50
   security = user
   encrypt passwords = yes
   include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.%m
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   logon script = interzone.bat
# Use this to disable roaming profiles
   logon path =
   logon home =
   wins support = yes
   dns proxy = no
#   time server = yes

==============================
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes

# Un-comment the following and create the netlogon directory for Domain
Logons
[netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path = /usr/local/smb/netlogon
   guest ok = yes
   writable = no
   share modes = no

[media]
   comment = media files
   path = /vol/vol2/media
   public = no
   writable = yes
   valid users = wbb

# NOTE: If you have a BSD-style print system there is no need to
# specifically define each individual printer
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /usr/local/smb/spool
   browseable = yes
   writable = yes
   printable = yes
   public = yes
   guest ok = yes

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks!
Bill Bertram

1. samba printing problem, prints but pauses...

Hi.  I have Linux print server set up using LPRng and Samba.  There is no
problem printing to queue until the Windoze dialogue basically pauses.  It
is as if it is waiting for a final command.  Note that the lpq command
indicates that the job has completed but it is still listed in the queue
(as done).  Any ideas?

2. X security violation logs

3. Deskjet 560C via Samba prints Postscript junk at end of page.

4. 3com nic problem

5. Samba printing

6. HELP! Problem configuring mouse and XF86Config

7. Samba Printing

8. Swap partitions on two hard disks

9. Samba printing scripts...

10. Samba Printing!