hard disk error's while installing v6.2 on Sun Sparc 2

hard disk error's while installing v6.2 on Sun Sparc 2

Post by anthonymelill » Fri, 18 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I was trying to install RedHat 6.2 on my Sun Sparc 2, and after I created
the partitions that I wanted and clicked next, I got the following errors:

Error creating swap on device sda5.  Then I clicked OK and received this
error:
Error mounting sda1: Invalid Argument

The hard disk previously had Win98 on it just to see if the disk was ok.  It
is a 1G HP C2247 SCSI Disk, configured as SCSI ID 2.

In disk druid I deleted the Win98 partition and created a 100M Linux Swap,
and a Linux Native for the remaining space.

Any idea what would cause this ?
--
Anthony Melillo