How can I active and use IPCHAINS replace of IPTABLES in redhat 7.2 ?

How can I active and use IPCHAINS replace of IPTABLES in redhat 7.2 ?

Post by mahdi hasanaba » Sun, 14 Jul 2002 14:18:03

hi everyone:)
I'm comfortable to use ipchains and I used it in redhat 7.1 .
but now I install redhat 7.2 and in this version, iptables is working
by default and I can not use ipchains.
How can I active ipchains in redhat 7.2?
I appreciate any guide.
have fun
mahdi hasanabadi

Post by Assma » Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:13:15

> hi everyone:)
> I'm comfortable to use ipchains and I used it in redhat 7.1 . but now I
> install redhat 7.2 and in this version, iptables is working by default
> and I can not use ipchains. How can I active ipchains in redhat 7.2? I
> appreciate any guide.
> have fun
> mahdi hasanabadi

Trying running 'modprobe ipchains', and Make sure ipchains is installed.

I would try to upgrade to iptables though.