RH 7.3 & Intel 815E Chipset

Post by Shawn D. Kell » Sun, 16 Jun 2002 02:15:53

Note:  I'm crossposting this reply because I actually meant the initial
message to go to comp.os.linux.redhat

Ok... well I had some spare time so I did a reinstall and sorted it out.  I
chose 32MB of video memory.  Still not sure that's right though.

But now... randomly, whenever I click on an icon, the screen will go blank
and boot me to the logon prompt.  Relogging on is a crapshoot... sometimes
it will go through, sometimes it will drop back again.  And when it does go
through, clicking on an icon will do the same thing.

Also, it aparently cannot initialize the onboard video of my system??  I
keep getting an error after these bootbaks to the logon prompt.

Thanks.

Quote:> Hi all.

> I just installed RH 7.3 Download on my ABit SE6 mothetboard with latest
> BIOS.  I previously had Mandrake 8.2 installed without issues.

> The RH install went flawless, but when it booted into X, it shows vertical
> lines on the screen which flicker and don't go away.

> I thought maybe I setup the chipset incorrectly - it defaulted to 815 and
> changed it to 815E and I wasn't sure what to put as the display memory...
as
> far as I know, it's only 1MB of shared memory???

> Can anyone help me figure out 1) How to fix the display issue, 2) How to
> change the screen resolution easily (as in Mandrake) and 3) What should I
> set the graphics adapter and memory to?

> Thanks.

> P.S. - Direct replies are welcomed.

> --

RH 7.3 & Intel 815E Chipset

Post by Shawn D. Kell » Sun, 16 Jun 2002 02:18:24

On the initilization issue - its the SOUND, not the video as originally
stated.
Quote:> Also, it aparently cannot initialize the onboard video of my system??  I
> keep getting an error after these bootbaks to the logon prompt.

1. Linux 2.4.0 kernel compilation on Asus CUSL2 (Intel 815E chipset) - Redhat

Hi.

I'm still looking to share info with other CUSL2 users on Linux compilation.
I'm on Redhat 7.0.

Here is how I am currently doing builds:
  http://www.roundsparrow.com/Linux/240oni815/

Not yet working, but I'm close :)

Please email me or post here so we can compare notes!

  Stephen Gutknecht
  Renton, Washington

2. Getting Epson Stylus Pro working with Ghostscript

3. Intel 815E chipset on-board video and Linux Kernel 2.4.0-test11-pre*

4. proper plock() usage

5. Linux with Intel 815e chipset

6. Question about BIOS32 extensions

7. Kernel 2.4.0-test11-pre* on Intel 815E chipset onboard video

8. list with general commands

9. diamond rio 300 not working under RH 7.3 & RH 8

10. CUSL2-C, 815e chipset & Linux

11. Two interesting X problems (RH 7.3/KDE3 @ Celeron 500/Intel i810)

12. CDE & Red Hat 7.3 intel???

13. RH 7.3 : AA fonts in KDE & Kicker