Raid1 on RH9?

Post by Dave » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 13:17:53

I have just got a new machine with dual 80G HDD specifically to set up Raid1
(mirroring) of the HD. With the intention that I can just change the slave
to master, yank the old master and reboot should the original master fail.
I have done a Raid 5 before (some time ago though) but not a 1, is there a
nice neat way to do so with the RedHat 9 install program? Or is there some
good documentation online to help me through it?

Thanks
Dave

Raid1 on RH9?

Post by jbuch.. » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 21:07:55

> I have just got a new machine with dual 80G HDD specifically to set up Raid1
> (mirroring) of the HD. With the intention that I can just change the slave
> to master, yank the old master and reboot should the original master fail.
> I have done a Raid 5 before (some time ago though) but not a 1, is there a
> nice neat way to do so with the RedHat 9 install program? Or is there some
> good documentation online to help me through it?

Stop multiposting!

I answered this in another group BTW...

--

"Lisp has all the visual appeal of oatmeal with fingernail clippings