Canon BJC-4300

Post by Koen De Buc » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a Canon BJC-4300 printer and it is not working
with 5.2.
I changed in the file /var/spool/lpd/lp/postscript.cfg

COLOR=-dBitsPerPixel=1 but no effect.

Can you help me

Thanks
Koen De Buck

Canon BJC-4300

Post by PR Schmi » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,

>I have a Canon BJC-4300 printer and it is not working
>with 5.2.
>I changed in the file /var/spool/lpd/lp/postscript.cfg

>COLOR=-dBitsPerPixel=1 but no effect.

Remove that line. It worked for me. The only drawback is that you can only
print in black.

Canon BJC-4300

Post by J Bour » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>>Hi,

>>I have a Canon BJC-4300 printer and it is not working
>>with 5.2.
>>I changed in the file /var/spool/lpd/lp/postscript.cfg

>>COLOR=-dBitsPerPixel=1 but no effect.
>Remove that line. It worked for me. The only drawback is that you can only
>print in black.

I have a BJC 4400 working in both grayscale and colour without any problems.
For the grayscale driver use
EXTRA_GS_OPTIONS="-sProcessColorModel=DeviceGray"

For colour, just tell it 24 bpp and it's happy.

BTW, this is RH 5.2, and ghostscript 4.03 (which comes with Red Hat 5.2).

FYI, we have a shareware program available on our WWW site
(http://www.affinitiy-systems.ab.ca/software) called bjc-tool.  It has
support for all the win features such as head cleaning, test prints, auto
on and auto power off.

Regards,
Jim

--

Affinity Systems Inc.         | WWW: http://www.affinity-systems.ab.ca
Everything Unix               | Linux:  The choice of a GNU generation

1. How can I get my Canon BJC-4300 printer working.

I have a Canon BJC-4300 printer connected to my RH5.2 system through
my SparQ drive.  I have used Control Panel's printer configuration
tool to configure my printer.  It's configured as a BJC-4000 series
printer.  It prints out regular text but not pictures.  I just get a
bunch of garbled crap.  It does this with or without my SparQ hooked
up as a pass-though.  What am I doing wrong?

2. perl 5.004_4 and dynamic loading

3. Canon BJC-4300 in X

4. xml to tex

5. Canon BJC-4300

6. lilo doesn't appears at boot

7. Help with Canon BJC-4300

8. How to I get documents to expire?

9. Canon BJC-4300 doesn't work

10. canon bjc 4300, xbubblejet and Redhat 5.1 printing

11. Canon BJC 4300 linux compatible?

12. HP Deskjet 690C, Canon BJC 4300 under Linux ?

13. Problem: Printer Canon BJC 4300 and RH 5.1