Portable Storage Suggestions

Post by James Hous » Thu, 25 Jul 2002 03:49:41

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for a portable storage device.

I'd consider anything from a ZipDrive type unit to a CompactFlash card
via USB (there are various devices that do this, such as:
http://www.smartdisk.com/Products/Flash%20Memory%20Readers/UniversalM...),
to a real hard-drive, like this:
http://www.smartdisk.com/Products/Storage%20Products/Hard%20Drives/FW...

In fact, I'd prefer the SmartDisk solution, though I cannot find any
information as to whether it will work with linux or not.

All in all, I'm looking for something that's easy to pack back-and-forth
from work/home, that can store *at least* 100MB, preferably 1GB, ideally
10GB+.  Hopefully $250 or less.

Aside from capacity, the main feature I'm looking for is for the device
to actually 'look' like a drive when it's hooked up.  Ideally it can be
hooked-up and un-hooked without a reboot. And most definitely it needs
to work under both Linux (I'm running RH7.3) and Win2k.

Any Suggestions? Experiences?

1. portable storage

I need to have some kind of storage mean,that is an external drive I can
use to copy and browse files. It can be a CD-RW or an Orb, or something
else.
Does anyone know what kind of drive I should buy - I'm using a laptop, and
no scsi!
Thank You
L.G.

2. Router Box

3. take me with you.... portable storage device

4. How to get destination IP in the socket programming?

5. PC / Mac / Linux - Portable Universal Storage Device

6. swap size

7. Portable storage

8. adaptec 2930u2 scsi adapter not found

9. take me with you.... portable storage device

10. Portable storage

11. portable usb storage: recommendations? usbflashkey?

12. (( 2GB )) Portable Storage Device - fits in the palm of your hand...

13. writing portable C (DOS to UNIX) -- suggestions?