How can I make my fonts look better

Post by John H. Outla » Mon, 02 Sep 2002 13:58:14

My desktop is not looking that great, and it's probably my fault.  The
fonts look downright bad...is this linux, or am I missing something,
like a decent font package?  I am using what came with RH 7.3.  I'm
using a decent Samsung 17 inch monitor and an ATI Radeon 32ddr card. Box
is an 'old' Athlon 500, 128ram.  I haven't been able to find out how to
tweak video settings yet.  Right now it's running at 24bit color and
1024x768 res.

Can someone give a noob some tips on how to spruce up my desktop?  Make
it a little easier on the eyes?  Will addt'l themes help the fonts, what
about a setting somewhere?

Thanks

john
rh 7.3

How can I make my fonts look better

Post by John » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 23:24:43

Quote:> My desktop is not looking that great, and it's probably my fault.  The
> fonts look downright bad...is this linux, or am I missing something,
> like a decent font package?  I am using what came with RH 7.3.  I'm
> using a decent Samsung 17 inch monitor and an ATI Radeon 32ddr card. Box
> is an 'old' Athlon 500, 128ram.  I haven't been able to find out how to
> tweak video settings yet.  Right now it's running at 24bit color and
> 1024x768 res.

> Can someone give a noob some tips on how to spruce up my desktop?  Make
> it a little easier on the eyes?  Will addt'l themes help the fonts, what
> about a setting somewhere?

> Thanks

> john
> rh 7.3