Virus Scanner for sendmail/Linux

Post by Henr » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:36:10

Anybody knows if there is any good virus scanning tools in Linux with
sendmail?
The tool should be able to detect the windows virus, and auto-unzip the
zipped files for scanning. And better always have an updated virus
definition for download. Any suggestion? Thank you very much!

Brgds,
Henry

Post by Bit Twiste » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:59:49

> Anybody knows if there is any good virus scanning tools in Linux with
> sendmail?
> The tool should be able to detect the windows virus, and auto-unzip the
> zipped files for scanning. And better always have an updated virus
> definition for download. Any suggestion? Thank you very much!

net etiquette/Newsgroup tip:

If you want to send the same message to more than one NG, CROSSPOST!

Some will argue that you not even crosspost do to the amount/type
of newsgroups that we have today.

As an example to post to "comp.os.linux.security", and
"comp.os.linux.hardware", use the following Newsgroups line:
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.security,comp.os.linux.hardware

See http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html

More answers at
        good virus scanner           in the first box
        *linux*                      in the Newsgroup, pick english

returns over 9,000 hits, change to      best virus scanner
returns over 400 hits

Five minutes of just looking for links in the text gets me,
in no order of importance:

        http://www.centralcommand.com
        http://www.symantec.com/product
        http://mcafee.com
        http://www.openantivirus.org
        http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=virus§ion=projects
        http://www.f-secure.com/
        http://sourceforge.net/projects/openantivirus
        http://www.sophos.com
        http://www.kaspersky.com
        http://www.pspl.com
        http://www.hbedv.com
        http://www.ravantivirus.com
        http://www.antivirus.com
        http://clamav.elektrapro.com/
        http://www.openantivirus.org

Use http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search again to
check responses for the product you think about using.

Post by Neb Revo » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 03:46:20

> [snips]
> > The tool should be able to detect the windows virus

> That would be an interesting tool, indeed!  I doubt
> Bill Gates would appreciate you calling his OS a virus,
> though.

Quite right. Windows is more propery termed "an API for virus authors"
or "the worm developers SDK"

1. Virus Scanner for sendmail/Linux

Anybody knows if there is any good virus scanning tools in Linux with
sendmail?
The tool should be able to detect the windows virus, and auto-unzip the
zipped files for scanning. And better always have an updated virus
definition for download. Any suggestion? Thank you very much!

Brgds,
Henry

2. Need working STB Trio64V+ XF86Config?

3. Virus Scanners for SendMail/Linux

4. USB

5. Virus/Worm Scanners for Sendmail on Linux

6. 'chat' bug - can't connect to ISP

7. Sendmail virus checkerHas anyone any information on a sendmail virus checker

8. Installing NIC

9. Looking for Sendmail Virus scanner

10. Virus Scanner for sendmail

11. Virus Scanner for FreeBSD and sendmail

12. SMTP sendmail virus scanner

13. NA Linux Virus Scanner?