psybnc

Post by Fran?ois Patt » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:20:40

Bonjour,

Someone has installed from the web a system called psybnc. I do not know
what it is but it seems to be something * as I discovert that I
could nolonger verify my rpm packages...

The os is linux redhat 7.0

I have a private lan and the firewall is Ipchains.

The only service to be connected from outside is ssh (telnet, ftp ...
are desactivated)

My questions:

1- what is psybnc and how somoeone could install it?

2- what to do now: I have plan to upgrade the kernel, change the
firewall and verify all firewall rules, but is it more secure to
reinstall the os?

Thank you for any help.
--
Fran?ois Patte. UFR de mathmatiques et informatique.

psybnc

Post by Jarkko » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:29:19

> 1- what is psybnc and how somoeone could install it?

psybnc is an irc bouncer, a program used to hide a persons true identity
(IP and such) at IRC.

JKK
--

*: PSX, MSDOS / TV: Sitcoms, Sports / Computers: Linux (Debian),
Open Source / Music: Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler / Pets: Cats

1. psyBNC

Hi,
does anybody know how to compile this program on sparc / sun solaris 8 ?
fejf

--
Words u don't want to hear from your sysadmin:
Ooops. Save your work - FAST !

2. HELP! I can't compile and run

3. PS privlem with PSyBnc

4. Installing error

5. psybnc - have been hacked pls help

6. Growing root with DiskSuite on Solaris 8