new Project : Intrusion Detection System

new Project : Intrusion Detection System

Post by Hussam Mous » Tue, 13 Feb 2001 04:28:15

we are working on a graduation project titled
"neural network based intrusion detection system"

we are basicly trying to create a system with human like skills for pattern
recognition , to supplement the widely available "rule-based IDS"
we will probably be building a hybrid between network based and host based
IDS, and we will be training our network to detect patterns that may seem
malicious or suspicious

I would really appreciate any help in pointing me to links, articles, or
previous projects
that could be relevant to our topic

also I would welcome any feedback from anybody who is interested in such a
project.

--
Best Regards
Hussam Mousa

1. new Project : Intrusion Detection System

we are working on a graduation project titled
"neural network based intrusion detection system"

we are basicly trying to create a system with human like skills for pattern
recognition , to supplement the widely available "rule-based IDS"
we will probably be building a hybrid between network based and host based
IDS, and we will be training our network to detect patterns that may seem
malicious or suspicious

I would really appreciate any help in pointing me to links, articles, or
previous projects
that could be relevant to our topic

also I would welcome any feedback from anybody who is interested in such a
project.

--
Best Regards
Hussam Mousa

2. Patch question?

3. New network intrusion detection system for Linux (GPL)

4. Graphics Programming question..

5. New kind of security tool for Intrusion Detection

6. Screen Blanking Problem

7. New Article in the Intrusion Detection Focus Area: Analyzing IDS Data

8. Screen Blanker lost its colors?

9. Intrusion Detection Systems: An Introduction

10. SPECTER Intrusion Detection System

11. Intrusion Detection System.

12. System intrusion detection, primarily on linux servers with a handful of others