GPG: Invalid character

Post by Richard Hark » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:24:02

I decided that at long last I would start using gpg.
During the gen-key, after I enter my real name, gpg complains
with Invalid character in name  I have no idea what is the problem.
I tried again without period after middle init then without
middle init Finally without the quotes and various permutations
without quotes

Help!

Richard

GPG: Invalid character

Post by Wesley Paris » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:41:25

I had the same problem.  Being a gpg newbie, I copied their layout,
block-for-block.

Enter your real name: Hans Van DeReiver
as is, where is, no quotes, no nothing fancy,
then hit enter/return

then hit enter/return
then enter your comment: Speedie

then it shows what you've entered in that layout:

Took me ages to work that one out.

Wesley Parish

--
First the wife, tone of awe.  So much a condition.  Kent in the labs, fast
forward.  "So how was the worthlessful businessman?"  But they hadn't