logging ftp sessions

Post by Sale » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 00:11:23

I would appreciate if somebody could point me to the solution (or required
reading :) ) for loggin ftp sessions.

I want to be able to reconstruct commands issued in a ftp (remote) session
to my box (for which I have, of course, all rights).

I'm using ftpd-BSD-0.3.3-1tr on Trustix distribution of Linux.

Thanks.

logging ftp sessions

Post by Michael Heimin » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 00:34:49

Quote:> I would appreciate if somebody could point me to the solution (or
> required reading :) ) for loggin ftp sessions.

man ftpd
/-l

Michael Heiming
--
Remove the +SIGNS case mail bounces.

logging ftp sessions

Post by Sale » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 00:47:29

> > I would appreciate if somebody could point me to the solution (or
> > required reading :) ) for loggin ftp sessions.

> man ftpd
> /-l

> Michael Heiming
> --
> Remove the +SIGNS case mail bounces.

I know if I add another -l (start the service with ftpd -D -l -l -U -S) I'll
get _successful_ get, put, append, delete, make directory, remove directory,
but instead I wanted to get _entire_ session.

The best I could do was tcpdump on the firewall to catch all the traffic
headed for port 21.

Thanks for the hint.

logging ftp sessions

Post by Michael Heimin » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:23:27

[..]

Quote:> I know if I add another -l (start the service with ftpd -D -l -l
> -U -S) I'll get _successful_ get, put, append, delete, make
> directory, remove directory, but instead I wanted to get _entire_
> session.

Did you try '-d'?
-d     Debugging information is written to the syslog using LOG_FTP.

Or checked, if another ftpd, like wu-ftpd or proftpd, offer more
logging options?

Michael Heiming
--
Remove the +SIGNS case mail bounces.

1. log ftp session with PAM

Does anyone know how I can configure PAM, in order to log in syslog all my
ftp session with the module pam_unix.so?
I tried with the pam_warn module but it doesn't make what i want...

thanks.

2. FreeBSD 4.0R as a gateway using sppp

3. logging ftp sessions

4. DAT error with Solaris 2.4

5. log ftp sessions on OpenBSD 3.1

6. Missing Memory!!

7. REQUEST: Logging FTP sessions

8. Linux on old Manhattan box

9. ftp/session logging

10. Logging telnet and ftp sessions

11. How to log all telnet/ftp/rlogin sessions???

12. Logging telnet/ftp sessions

13. Logging activities in FTP sessions?