encryption + nntp?

Post by Vincent Apes » Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Is there anything like an version of nntp that uses PKI or any other type of
encryption?

thanks
Vince

encryption + nntp?

Post by Michael Str?de » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> Is there anything like an version of nntp that uses PKI or any other type
> of encryption?

You can tunnel NNTP through SSL. That's what e.g. Netscape Messenger
can use.

Ciao, Michael.

encryption + nntp?

Post by Vincent Apes » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

That's what I would like to do. Can anyone direct me to a place where I can
get some info on how to do this?

thanks,
Vince

> > Is there anything like an version of nntp that uses PKI or any other
type
> > of encryption?

> You can tunnel NNTP through SSL. That's what e.g. Netscape Messenger
> can use.

> Ciao, Michael.

encryption + nntp?

Post by Michael Str?de » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> That's what I would like to do. Can anyone direct me to a place where I can
> get some info on how to do this?

use a SSL wrapper, e.g. http://www.stunnel.org

Ciao, Michael.

encryption + nntp?

Post by Bud » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> That's what I would like to do. Can anyone direct me to a place where I
can
> get some info on how to do this?

> thanks,
> Vince

> > > Is there anything like an version of nntp that uses PKI or any other
> type
> > > of encryption?

> > You can tunnel NNTP through SSL. That's what e.g. Netscape Messenger
> > can use.

> > Ciao, Michael.

Don't know to much about NNTP, but this should work:

stunnel:
http://freshmeat.net/redir/homepage/924588885/

Jack
------
Humor or insantiy? http://geekweb.org
------

encryption + nntp?

Post by Vincent Apes » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

thanks!!!!

> > That's what I would like to do. Can anyone direct me to a place where I
can
> > get some info on how to do this?

> use a SSL wrapper, e.g. http://www.stunnel.org

> Ciao, Michael.

1. NNTP fetcher & NNTP server

Hi,

I know sendmail is the standard mail server but what is the
usual/standard news fetcher software for BSD.

Then what is the standard FBSD NNTP server to serve these article to our
liccle Intranet?

M.
--
Mark Worsdall - Oh no, I've run out of underpants :(

The network I maintain:- http://www.hinwick.demon.co.uk/computerDept/
Web site Monitoring:- http://www.shadow.org.uk/SiteSight/

2. DSL and static IP addresses

3. Q:NNTP library, clientlib (3)- NNTP clientlib part of InterNetNews library

4. mgetty / PPP / networking - next steps

5. Data Encryption Software

6. Managing Solaris via WBEM

7. Is there any way to secure the data through the os bottom encryption?

8. Simple Shell Question

9. Encryption/Decryption of UNIX password

10. DES encryption and losetup loop device

11. Keeping your communications protocol "secret" with public/private key encryption?

12. NIS+ encryption? NIS+ expert needed

13. Encryption in strange places (need source code)