How do I list a particular IP chain rule (by number)?

How do I list a particular IP chain rule (by number)?

Post by Sudd » Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I need to find out what rule 118 says on the input chain.  Who can I do
this.  I know that I can list all of the rules in the chain by: "ipchains -L
input"  but they are not numbered.

Thanks.

Post by Tom East » Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>I need to find out what rule 118 says on the input chain.  Who can I do
>this.  I know that I can list all of the rules in the chain by: "ipchains -L
>input"  but they are not numbered.

You actually have 118 rules in one chain? Well, if you must:

        ipchains -L <chain> | tail +3 | pr -n -t | more

will produce a numbered list of the rules in <chain>.

-Tom
--
Tom Eastep               \    Opinions expressed here

Shoreline, Washington USA  \    those of my employer

1. Need an IP Chains rule

I am running Slackware Linux 4.0 and have a masquerading firewall
running and working.  I used Ian Hall-Beyer's script to get everything
running and it seems to be just fine.  I need a rule to allow http
access to out web server that is located inside the firewall.

If that is not possible can I do this with SOCKS or TIS FWTK or can I
use Apache as the proxy? Can I do it on the same machine as the
firewall?  Its a P5-166

Thanks.

Dan Malcolm

Don't you wish life had an UNDO function?

  dmalcolm.vcf
< 1K Download

2. sockets beginner

3. A Simple IP Chains rule question.

4. USB pen drive : secure partition ?

5. IP Chains rules relating to fragments and marking a packet

6. Cable Modem

7. IP chain rule syntax Question/Problem

8. Help: Does KDE 3.0 support transparencies?

9. IP Chains specific rule

10. Grep-ing numbers that appear before a particular number?

11. "ip rule list" causes RTNETLINK error: Invalid argument

12. strange ip rule list message.

13. IP Chains, IP Masq, and Dial on Demand Problems