Lag in this ng

Post by Luke Voge » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 21:12:43

Just an observation ...

Has anyone else noticed messages arriving in the ng out of sequence?

Lately, I've been seeing replys to posts arrive before the original post
appears.  Eventually the original post appears but often hours later.

maybe I'm just workin' too hard :(

--
Regards
Luke

------

Lag in this ng

Post by Tim Hayne » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 21:19:12

> Just an observation ...

> Has anyone else noticed messages arriving in the ng out of sequence?

> Lately, I've been seeing replys to posts arrive before the original post
> appears.  Eventually the original post appears but often hours later.

> maybe I'm just workin' too hard :(

Can't say I've seen a problem, having one of the better news feeds in the
UK as I do, but hey, you guys have got everything else upside-down so maybe
time runs backwards for you, too? ;)

~Tim
--
   13:17:32 up 9 days, 23:13, 13 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.12, 0.14

http://piglet.is.dreaming.org     |(seen mid-windows 98 installation)

Lag in this ng

Post by Hal Burgi » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 23:18:42

>Just an observation ...

>Has anyone else noticed messages arriving in the ng out of sequence?

Yes, but I thought it was just my ISP's news provider.

--
Hal B

--

Lag in this ng

Post by Ian Jone » Fri, 20 Jul 2001 04:26:31

Lag in this ng

Post by Luke Voge » Fri, 20 Jul 2001 15:17:04

> UK as I do, but hey, you guys have got everything else upside-down so maybe
> time runs backwards for you, too? ;)

Lost the cricket (both mens and womens), couldn't get a volunteer to
captain the side, lost the lions tour, lost the rugby union ... league
... oh thats right, Patrick Rafter didn't win the tennis, but then
again, their wasn't an englishman in sight (except for the crowds that
watched) ... Where did Tim Henman come? ...

And you recon *WE* have got things upside down and running backwards?

--
Regards
Luke

Post by Tim Hayne » Fri, 20 Jul 2001 19:52:28

> > UK as I do, but hey, you guys have got everything else upside-down so
> > maybe time runs backwards for you, too? ;)

> Lost the cricket (both mens and womens), couldn't get a volunteer to
> captain the side, lost the lions tour, lost the rugby union ... league
> ... oh thats right, Patrick Rafter didn't win the tennis, but then again,
> their wasn't an englishman in sight (except for the crowds that watched)
> ... Where did Tim Henman come? ...

> And you recon *WE* have got things upside down and running backwards?

Hey, at least play on the same turf. Ozzie censorship / privacy / Net laws.
Those *are* backward.

Besides, I'm not English - home rule for Yorkshire! :P~ :8)

~Tim
--
   11:51:34 up 10 days, 21:47, 14 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.08, 0.04

http://piglet.is.dreaming.org     |Crossing the rhythm, caught in the rain.

1. Clock lag

Hi there,

I'm currently using Linux to rip and encode my CD collection (part 3
of the grand iPod project :)) using grip, cdparanoia and lame. This
works fine, but I've noticed that my clock is running very slowly - it
loses two hours over the course of a day's ripping. I wasn't aware
that the clock suffered from thrashing the machine - is this Linux
specific or true of any operating system with pre-emptive
multi-tasking? Is there anything I can do about it?

Peter

2. Message Queues..

3. PPP is lagging shit protocol ?

4. Redhat - not being able to start ppp as user

5. Lag in FreeBSD while uploading DSL PPPoE

6. MMDF not accepting SMTP connections to specific hosts

7. ATAPICAM lag

8. JFAIL error using lpr (printing)

9. Cursor Lag ---Please Help----

10. Getting ssh, ftp, & telnet lag from my server

11. ActiveX Moving To Unix, Netscape Support Lags - PC Week

12. Telnet & FTP lag - why why why???

13. 30 seconds to one minute LAG