port use by pptpd

Post by Michae » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 04:05:06

Hi !

 I would like to know wich port use pptpd ( vpn server ) i need to open with
iptable ....

 Thanks

Michael

port use by pptpd

Post by fran » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:14:49

I'm not familiar with pptpd, but generally when I've got a problem
with something not getting thru IPtables, I set up IPtables to log
everything that's rejected (probably a good idea all the time), or I
use ethereal/tcpdump to list out info about the packets.  Either way,
the port info is right there.

> Hi !

>  I would like to know wich port use pptpd ( vpn server ) i need to open with
> iptable ....

>  Thanks

> Michael

port use by pptpd

Post by Jonathan Glas » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:01:41

Port 1723

Quote:> Hi !

>  I would like to know wich port use pptpd ( vpn server ) i need to open
with
> iptable ....

>  Thanks

> Michael

port use by pptpd

Post by Cegon » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 02:51:27

Can you tell me how you log everything is rejected ?

> I'm not familiar with pptpd, but generally when I've got a problem
> with something not getting thru IPtables, I set up IPtables to log
> everything that's rejected (probably a good idea all the time), or I
> use ethereal/tcpdump to list out info about the packets.  Either way,
> the port info is right there.

>>Hi !

>> I would like to know wich port use pptpd ( vpn server ) i need to open with
>>iptable ....

>> Thanks

>>Michael

port use by pptpd

Post by Natma » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 02:41:57

Quote:> Hi !

>  I would like to know wich port use pptpd ( vpn server ) i need to open
with
> iptable ....

>  Thanks

> Michael

On top of the tcp port (don't remeber which one), you MUST allow PROTOCOL 47
(gre).  AFAIK, iptables will drop gre, even if you have an 'allow all'
policy.  use something like:

iptables -A INPUT -p 47 -d [external ip] -j ACCEPT

also, check the docs for PoPToP on the web (which is the daemon you're
using?)

Nathan