qmail relay

Post by Jeremia d » Sun, 12 Jan 2003 12:51:09

I am trying to allow relay to only certain ip's I make the file and add

192.168.10.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
:allow

 into it then run the tcprules /path/tcp.smtp.cdb tcp.smtp.temp <
/path/tcp.smtp then add the -x /path/tcp.smtp.cdb to the startup file and
now when I try to connect to mail server it drops the connection right
away.. The ip is set properly and I have done this before and never had any
problems.. Any idea's why it is giving me problems now?

--
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

qmail relay

Post by Bruno Wolff II » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 05:38:14

> I am trying to allow relay to only certain ip's I make the file and add

> 192.168.10.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
>:allow

>  into it then run the tcprules /path/tcp.smtp.cdb tcp.smtp.temp <
> /path/tcp.smtp then add the -x /path/tcp.smtp.cdb to the startup file and
> now when I try to connect to mail server it drops the connection right
> away.. The ip is set properly and I have done this before and never had any
> problems.. Any idea's why it is giving me problems now?

Are you sure that a firewall isn't getting in the way?
This looks like a case where your mail server may have multiple IP addresses
and there may be packet filter rules in place to keep packets from the
196.168.10.0 network from reaching the outside.

qmail relay

Post by Jeremia d » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:00:54

> Are you sure that a firewall isn't getting in the way?
> This looks like a case where your mail server may have multiple IP
> addresses and there may be packet filter rules in place to keep packets
> from the 196.168.10.0 network from reaching the outside.

I feel like a moron heh.. The permissions on the file it's self was set
wrong heh Thx for the reply anyway
                -- Arthur C. Clarke

1. qmail relay

I need to set up a linux server. The server is acting as a firewall,
also masquerading the clients behind it. I need to configure qmail to
all these clients to send messages to the outside world. With
'firewall.server.com' as the out going SMTP server, I get an error
message stating that, 'the host (whatever account I am sending to), is
not found in rcpthosts'.  Any hints on how to fix this?

Sorry so long,
RCW

2. Why UNIX? (And, after all, why Linux?)

3. Qmail relaying stopped working

4. Newbie Needs Help - GRUB Removal

5. plesk qmail relay spam spamming unstoppable!! please help!!!

6. X-Windows Freeze under Red Hat 7.3

7. Qmail relay

8. scanner suggestion for SuSE 6.3

9. qmail open relay