firewall blocks java streaming quotes

Post by chri » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:57:44

Hi,
I have my RH72 box setup as firewall/gateway for my internal network.
The firewall is iptable. The config file is basically copied from
IP-Masq-how-to. It works very well for long time until recently I
subscribe to a site for streaming stock quote. The site uses a java
program to display stream quotes. It seems my firewall blocks it so I
have to skip the firewall and connect my PC to internet directly. Even
the java program provides a "firewall" mode it still only partially
work behind my firewall.
I don't know what's wrong with my settings, or maybe it's the java
program's fault? What should I do to find out the problem? Can someone
provide some clues?
Thanks,
chris

1. firewall blocks realtime streaming quotes

Hi,
I have my RH72 box setup as firewall/gateway for my internal network.
The firewall is iptable. The config file is basically copied from
IP-Masq-how-to. It works very well for long time until recently I
subscribe to a site for streaming stock quote. The site uses a java
program to display stream quotes. It seems my firewall blocks it so I
have to skip the firewall and connect my PC to internet directly. Even
the java program provides a "firewall" mode it still only partially
work behind my firewall.
I don't know what's wrong with my settings, or maybe it's the java
program's fault? What should I do to find out the problem? Can someone
provide some clues?
Thanks,
chris

2. ksh : command kept in "memory" ?

3. Netscape/Java streaming data problem (stock quotes)

4. crond, rm & find don't work together

6. sco-list: Re: gcc and sco libraries, MySQL, PHP3 and Apache

7. ksh: quoting in a $( ... ) block

8. Postscript file corrupted - extracting text/patching

9. Stock quotes, news, charts java application on Linux

10. Quotes in quotes

11. Q: sh: Can I quote '"' in a double quoted string?

12. replace single quote to double quote with an example

13. quoted strings within quoted strings