Can't ssh.

Post by Anithe » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 05:07:54

I used to always ssh into my box whenever I left home, but now I cannot.
The reason is because I got a router, and now have a small LAN,
consisting of 2 computers (redhat on the main, and slackware on the
other) a cable modem, and a router.  I can only shh from within the LAN,
now.
I would basically like to be pointed in the right direction; maybe
someone here has had the same problem.

-> Anithen

Can't ssh.

Post by Kenneth A Kauffma » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 06:20:59

Quote:> I used to always ssh into my box whenever I left home, but now I cannot.
> The reason is because I got a router, and now have a small LAN,
> consisting of 2 computers (redhat on the main, and slackware on the
> other) a cable modem, and a router.  I can only shh from within the LAN,
> now.
> I would basically like to be pointed in the right direction; maybe
> someone here has had the same problem.

> -> Anithen

Forward WAN side port 22 from your router to the internal server IP.  It
should be something like "virtual server" or the such.  Do NOT DMZ the box.

ken k

Can't ssh.

Post by Anithen N » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:06:00

>> I used to always ssh into my box whenever I left home, but now I
>> cannot. The reason is because I got a router, and now have a small LAN,
>> consisting of 2 computers (redhat on the main, and slackware on the
>> other) a cable modem, and a router.  I can only shh from within the
>> LAN, now.
>> I would basically like to be pointed in the right direction; maybe
>> someone here has had the same problem.

>> -> Anithen

> Forward WAN side port 22 from your router to the internal server IP.  It
> should be something like "virtual server" or the such.  Do NOT DMZ the
> box.

> ken k

Thanks.  I'll try that just as soon as I read up on how to forward
WAN side port 22 from a router to an internal IP server (virtual
server).  Also, I need to find out about DMZ; I don't want to
accidentally DMZ either boxes.
You pointed me in the right direction, though, and I'm pleased.
--
      _
      ._.

1. SSH'ing out of an SSH'ed chroot environment

   Hi all,

   On a Solaris 9 system I've set up a captive (chroot) ssh environment
and am trying to configure ssh out of this environment to another
server. When I try to ssh out I get :-

    You have no controlly tty. Cannot read passphrase.

   How do I configure tty allocation in a chrooted environment?

        Cheers
         Pete

2. Linux Software

3. It's not bad canned meat...

4. Indrema fan site

5. How to set up PPP?

6. ssh hangs on commands like 'ls -al', 'vi'

7. alias: passing args

8. ssh hangs with commands like 'ls -la', 'vi ...' etc.

9. can ssh-agent work between ssh-2.3 and ssh-3.5

10. Canned Proxy URLs to Filter

11. CGI: apache canned response

12. For those of you tired of canned distributions...