Apache on Win32 issues?

Post by Pat Parson » Fri, 06 Apr 2001 00:35:46

What are the security issues mentioned in the documentation for Apache
on Win32. Can they be avoided?

Apache on Win32 issues?

Post by Tony Curti » Fri, 06 Apr 2001 01:38:50

>> On Wed, 04 Apr 2001 10:35:46 -0500,

> What are the security issues mentioned in the
> documentation for Apache on Win32. Can they be avoided?

Why are you asking this in comp.os.linux.security?

Why did you ask your previous question about PWS and IIS
here too?

I think you need to find a more relevant newsgroup,
e.g. under the comp.infosystems.www.servers hierarchy.

--
Just reach into these holes.  I use a carrot.

Apache on Win32 issues?

Post by Pat Parson » Fri, 06 Apr 2001 02:12:56

I forgot,
  when I look at my newsgroup listing it does not show the Linux part.

> >> On Wed, 04 Apr 2001 10:35:46 -0500,

> > What are the security issues mentioned in the
> > documentation for Apache on Win32. Can they be avoided?

> Why are you asking this in comp.os.linux.security?

> Why did you ask your previous question about PWS and IIS
> here too?

> I think you need to find a more relevant newsgroup,
> e.g. under the comp.infosystems.www.servers hierarchy.

> --
> Just reach into these holes.  I use a carrot.

1. Apache (2.0.28-win32) and NAT issues

Hello! I am a bit of an Apache noob, and I am having a major problem. I will
run Apache, and it will exit immediately. I checked the error log, and found
this:

[Sun Dec 16 19:55:22 2001] [crit] make_sock: could not bind to address
208.45.20
1.73 port 80

Where the IP is the NAT address assigned to me. Let me give you some
background info. I am using a Surfboard SB3100D cable modem, which has a
DHCP server inside. It will assign me a private IP (10.7.x.x, usually
10.7.3.25), and I have that NAT IP (semi-perminant, dont know where it comes
from). Why would this be occuring?

Thanks,
Owen Marshall

2. Missing Disk

3. X-Win32 Issue

4. syslog weirdness: possible hack?

5. Apache, cgi forms, cgi programs - issues - restart resolves issue??

6. Code Red - action option

7. Apache 1.3.4 - mod_rewrite issue - Apache 1.3.4

8. df -Pk /usr | awk "{a=\$5} END {print substr(a,1,length(a)-1)}"?

9. First Apache 2.0 is faster on win32 than IIS is, now this

10. Help in running CGI with Apache 1.3 on Win32

11. Apache Win32 (Windows 2000) & Awk & CGI

12. XBitHack and Apache 1.3.b3 Win32?

13. Apache (Win32) with CGI and country specific letters