Security scanning with tiger..

Post by Dustin Purye » Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:52:00

I have been using tiger for some time now, and really like yet.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have custom or updated signatures
for Linux, at least not at:

ftp://ftp.cerias.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/scanners/tiger/

Does it? If so, where are they? If not, is there another package that
I should be using?

Regards, Dustin

---

http://members.telocity.com/~dpuryear
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Security scanning with tiger..

Post by Mike » Sat, 27 Oct 2001 00:00:19

Other *local* security scanners or similar products are:

COPS (perhaps a bit outdated also)
Nabou
Bastille Linux

Hope this little info helps.

Mike

Security scanning with tiger..

Post by Dustin Purye » Sat, 27 Oct 2001 11:55:44

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:00:19 GMT, "Mike"

>Other *local* security scanners or similar products are:

>COPS (perhaps a bit outdated also)
>Nabou
>Bastille Linux

What are you feelings on each of these? Hmm, and yes, COPS is a bit
dated. Actually, I think tiger was written as a
replacement/enhancement of COPS.

Regards, Dustin

---

http://members.telocity.com/~dpuryear
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Security scanning with tiger..

Post by Mike » Sat, 27 Oct 2001 21:48:47

AFAIK, COPS and Tiger are 2 entirely different products.
After some testing, Bastille is good to "harden" a RH installation, but
Nabou is pretty interesting to have it running all the time as a sort of
"local IDS".
Give them a try by yourself.
Cheers,

Mike

1. Security Site Update/Free Security Scan

The following security sites have had changes within the last 6 hours.

http://www.hackernews.com
http://slashdot.org

If you need to stay up to date on Internet Security issues visit
http://hackerwhacker.com. We monitor all popular Security resources
and quickly inform you of those that have new information so you do
not have to waste your time on sites that are not kept up to date.

Thanks.

The Whacker

2. Help Please, Linux on Intel Pentium

3. network cards (drivers) performance.

4. Updated Release of TIGER (2.2.1), UNIX Security Checking System

5. Automating a "mv" command

6. Installing Tiger Security Auditing Software

7. How can I restrict programs used by Telnet user ?

8. WANTED/SECURITY: Linux Tiger-Team

9. security checkers such as tiger

10. Security Consultants/Tiger Teams [info]

11. TAMU's tiger security package.

12. Tiger Security Software Question