Can access to Web server through SmoothWall, but Mail server & others can't ?!

Can access to Web server through SmoothWall, but Mail server & others can't ?!

Post by Kevin L » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 18:17:46



Hi all,

I've install smoothwall(with green & red cards) on one of the machines
in my system and configure the external service access as follow:

TCP   ALL   80   Enabled
TCP   ALL   25   Enabled
TCP   ALL   110  Enabled

and Port forwarding as follow:

TCP   80   192.168.1.5  (static ip address of my web server)    80  
Enabled
TCP   25   192.168.1.10 (static ip address of my mail server)   25  
Enabled
TCP   110  192.168.1.10 (static ip address of my mail server)   110
Enabled

I get no problem of accessing my web server through the smoothwall,
but I can't reach my mail server. I'm sure my mail server is working
properly if the smoothwall is not in between.

Does anything i miss, or any configurations I set wrong, pls advice.

Kevin

 
 
 

Can access to Web server through SmoothWall, but Mail server & others can't ?!

Post by Bernd K. R. Dorfmüll » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 01:21:08


Hy there,

It's seems  that you try to access your www Server from an internal
Workstation in the green net with the ip adress which is on the red
card. This is not working, if you`re in the green net you can only
access you www via green 192.168.1.5:80 not with the red external ip
the webserver on the red card which is only accessible through the
net.

you config seems to be right! Try to find someone to access you www
through the internet and test it.

I've got the same and it runs.

May I help you! Contact me for testing! Via Yahoo : itdorfmueller or
mail.

CU

Bernd


Quote:>Hi all,

>I've install smoothwall(with green & red cards) on one of the machines
>in my system and configure the external service access as follow:

>TCP   ALL   80   Enabled
>TCP   ALL   25   Enabled
>TCP   ALL   110  Enabled

>and Port forwarding as follow:

>TCP   80   192.168.1.5  (static ip address of my web server)    80  
>Enabled
>TCP   25   192.168.1.10 (static ip address of my mail server)   25  
>Enabled
>TCP   110  192.168.1.10 (static ip address of my mail server)   110
>Enabled

>I get no problem of accessing my web server through the smoothwall,
>but I can't reach my mail server. I'm sure my mail server is working
>properly if the smoothwall is not in between.

>Does anything i miss, or any configurations I set wrong, pls advice.

>Kevin


 
 
 

Can access to Web server through SmoothWall, but Mail server & others can't ?!

Post by Bernd K. R. Dorfmüll » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 01:23:12


Sorry I forgot:
Open port 80 for external access! Not only the forwarding roule must
be set. the external access for port 80 as well!

Thats it!

Quote:

>>Hi all,

>>I've install smoothwall(with green & red cards) on one of the machines
>>in my system and configure the external service access as follow:

>>TCP   ALL   80   Enabled
>>TCP   ALL   25   Enabled
>>TCP   ALL   110  Enabled

>>and Port forwarding as follow:

>>TCP   80   192.168.1.5  (static ip address of my web server)    80  
>>Enabled
>>TCP   25   192.168.1.10 (static ip address of my mail server)   25  
>>Enabled
>>TCP   110  192.168.1.10 (static ip address of my mail server)   110
>>Enabled

 
 
 

Can access to Web server through SmoothWall, but Mail server & others can't ?!

Post by Kevin L » Tue, 08 Jan 2002 10:47:43



Quote:> Hy there,

> It's seems  that you try to access your www Server from an internal
> Workstation in the green net with the ip adress which is on the red
> card. This is not working, if you`re in the green net you can only
> access you www via green 192.168.1.5:80 not with the red external ip
> the webserver on the red card which is only accessible through the
> net.

> you config seems to be right! Try to find someone to access you www
> through the internet and test it.

> I've got the same and it runs.

> May I help you! Contact me for testing! Via Yahoo : itdorfmueller or
> mail.

> CU

> Bernd

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for your advice, but I think you misunderstood my question. I
have no problem of accessing my webserver (even though I am taking red
net as an intranet for testing purpose). My problem is I can't reach
my mail server, like I can access the webserver in the green network
using one of the machines in the red network, but I can't reach my
mail server in the same way. My outlook express is pointing to the IP
address of the red NIC, I also did external access & port forwarding,
but I still cannot reach my mail server. Do u have any idea on this
matter as well ?! Anyway, thanks again.

Kevin

 
 
 

Can access to Web server through SmoothWall, but Mail server & others can't ?!

Post by Bernd K. R. Dorfmüll » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 03:18:52


Hy Kevin,

do you use an dynamic dns provider?
Just an idea!

CU

Greetings from the Odenwald in good old snowy Germany!

A Joke:
A Gangster says: "2 Billion Euro in used Money for the Hostage."


Quote:>Hi Bernd,

>Thanks for your advice, but I think you misunderstood my question. I
>have no problem of accessing my webserver (even though I am taking red
>net as an intranet for testing purpose). My problem is I can't reach
>my mail server, like I can access the webserver in the green network
>using one of the machines in the red network, but I can't reach my
>mail server in the same way. My outlook express is pointing to the IP
>address of the red NIC, I also did external access & port forwarding,
>but I still cannot reach my mail server. Do u have any idea on this
>matter as well ?! Anyway, thanks again.

>Kevin

 
 
 

1. It's not bad canned meat...

Thanks for your time.  We at I.S.P.O.T. (The International Society
for the Preservation Of Trees (URL http://www.local-touch.com/ISPOT/)) feel
that electronic messages are great for getting the word out while preserving
our friend the tree.  Anyway, please stop by our home page!

Thanks again!

SusieQ

2. nfs problem

3. DOS / LINUX server

4. Newbie: security on newly mail server, web server & mysql, ftp

5. What if . . .

6. Mail and Web server - Any Distributions more secure than others?

7. Display "oddities" on LinuxPPC R4/KDE/PB3400

8. pl/sql cusror state using Oracle web agent, web server & database server

9. Can't access Linux web server web pages from LAN client

10. "Can't Access Web Page" trying to access Apache Server

11. UNIX web server "pass-thru's"

12. Is it possible to access a server's access log from another server?