Linux Security

Post by steve belo » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 22:03:42

Hello All,
When it comes to Networks and Internet setups I am considered the rookie of
rookies. I am currently running Caldera flavored Linux at home. I have
noticed some intrusions on my system with the default firewall setups and
such. I plugged a couple of holes so far. I have a huge book on security and
all that stuff but impatience sometimes gets the best of me, and I find
myself falling asleep with allot of the in-between jargon that make up a
large percentage. So my question is this! Can someone give me a list of
possible vulnerability issues to study on? Then I can find what I need in
these books and ignore the stories.
Thanks to all your help in advance. Steve