FTP Access Question...

Post by Scallic » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

How do i restrict ftp users to their home directories??

I am using redhat 6.2 and the ftp daemon that comes with it.

FTP Access Question...

Post by Bjorn Kuip » Sun, 06 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>How do i restrict ftp users to their home directories??

>I am using redhat 6.2 and the ftp daemon that comes with it.

If i was you, i should update your ftp daemon to proftp pre10, your
current ftp daemon is vulnerable to different bufferoverflows.
check www.proftpd.net , there is also explained how to
resctrict user to their home directory...

Greetings Marshal

FTP Access Question...

Post by Neal » Tue, 08 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> >How do i restrict ftp users to their home directories??

> >I am using redhat 6.2 and the ftp daemon that comes with it.

> If i was you, i should update your ftp daemon to proftp pre10, your
> current ftp daemon is vulnerable to different bufferoverflows.
> check www.proftpd.net , there is also explained how to
> resctrict user to their home directory...

> Greetings Marshal

He really would want to upgrade to rc2 since that fixes even more bugs.

Also with proftpd, you'd want to use the config option "DefaultRoot ~"