Change route table on vpn

Post by Michael » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 01:54:26

Hi !

  I use ppp on Red Hat 7.2 for doing vpn, but when my client connect
thruought internet on my vpn, her route table was not good, i need to
change her default gateway, i can do that ?? I need to leave her default
gateway ...

  Thanks

Michael

Change route table on vpn

Post by Bill Unr » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 04:07:02

]Hi !

]  I use ppp on Red Hat 7.2 for doing vpn, but when my client connect
]thruought internet on my vpn, her route table was not good, i need to
]change her default gateway, i can do that ?? I need to leave her default
]gateway ...

Not sure what the question is. If her route table is no good, she has to
change it. YHou cannot change it for her, she must do it on her own
machine. All ppp does is create a point to point link from one machine
to the other. Routing is then the responsibility of the machines
themselves.

Change route table on vpn

Post by Michael L » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:01:24

> Hi !

>  I use ppp on Red Hat 7.2 for doing vpn, but when my client connect
> thruought internet on my vpn, her route table was not good, i need to
> change her default gateway, i can do that ?? I need to leave her default
> gateway ...

>  Thanks

> Michael

i have found, i need to uncheck a case in windows client, don't modifiy
routing table :)

--

  (O__   Michael Lessard            |
  //\    Running Slackware 8.1      |

1. How Do Routing Table Entries Get Added to Routing Table at Bootup?

I have, what I think, is a simple question for the TCP/IP guys out there
who are familar with routing tables on AIX 4.1.5/4.2.1 in an IBM SP
environment. Or maybe not.

I have recently noticed that when I execute a 'netstat -r' on a
particular node in the SP environment, there are routing table entries
that I know I didn't put in there. I have to delete these "unwelcomed"
entries and re-add the correct ones. This is undesireable and maybe a
quick crash course in routing tables is justified. These unwelcomed
routing table entries seem to be automatically added right after I have
IPL'ed the node in question.

How did these routing table entries get added in the routing table? Does
anybody know the process?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

2. What happens at startup

3. Changing kernel routing table

4. Linking problem

5. Help, something is changing my routing tables

6. touch and ls command???

7. Automatic routing table changes

8. ELF gcc compiling problems

9. change default routing table - Urgent

10. Routing table change indication...

11. changing routing table preference

12. Changing 'metric' in routing table.