using PAM to run script at login/logout

Post by Ante » Tue, 01 Apr 2003 17:10:28

Hi,

I wanted to run two different Perl scripts at login and logout
(locally).  I was going to use ~/.xsession but it seemed like this was
only good to run a script at login and not logout.  Some people
suggested that the more reliable way of running those scripts both at
login and logout is to use PAM.  However, I am not familiar with PAM
and I don't know where to specify the path of the Perl scripts that
need to be run.

Thanks a lot for your help

Anteneh

1. running a script at login/logout

Hi,

I wanted to run a script when someone logs in or out on a console (run
two separate scripts depending on whether it was a login or logout). I
have a general idea that I could use ~/.login , ~/.logout or watch()
but I am not really sure how to exaclty implement it.

Thanks for your help

Anteneh

2. rwall to PCs during shutdown

3. Running scripts at login/logout

4. ip masquerading problem

5. Login/Logout accounting scripts/programs

6. FS - 100$ blow-out! PowerSeries 830 (aka RS6k 6050 iirc) - 100 MHz 604

7. KDE login and logout scripts

8. PC to AIX networking

9. Login and Logout scripts

10. Username Swap at Login Using PAM on Solaris 8

11. LINUX/UNIX remote login - How to keep application running after logout?

12. running programs from .login and .logout

13. Login/Logout script?? Help!