SSH2 Client for Win32?

Post by Olivier Sessin » Mon, 02 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> > What do you mean? I don't know of any import or export restrictions in
> > Europe on cryptography? ...

> I envy you - you must have had a long long vacation on a nice, warm
> island in the pacific a long long way from the rest of the world. ;)

well I was in australia ;-)

Quote:> Most countries in Europe have some sort of export restrictions on
> cryptography. Check out http://www2.epic.org/reports/crypto1999.html
> for a good overview of these.

The Netherlands doesn't, and that's where I'm from (the USA is pushing
the Netherlands, but I hope they will stay where they are)

cu,
        Olivier
  )     Olivier Sessink

|~~~| )
|   |'  Working without coffee is like driving without fuel
`---'

SSH2 Client for Win32?

Post by Darkni.. » Mon, 02 Aug 1999 04:00:00

http://www.veryComputer.com/~roca/ttssh.html

> I highly recommend coughing up the bucks for Van*'s SecureCRT 3.0
(beta
> 1) which supports SSH2 as well as SSH1.  It is only $99 and is by far
the
> best terminal emulator for Win32 there is.  If you don't care to buy
it, a
> crack or key generator is easily obtainable on the Internet.

> > Does anyone know of a _free_ client for ssh2 for windows?  I have
only
> > found the Datafellows version (at $100 per machine -- sheesh)...

> > It really doesn't have to have many features at all... I am just
looking
> > for a way to log into my Linux machine running ssh2.

> > Any help would be appreciated.

> > Thanks,
> > John

SSH2 Client for Win32?

Post by adejo.. » Mon, 02 Aug 1999 04:00:00

The Netherlands doesn't impose any restriction on
intangable crypto (the ftpable kind). Janet Reno
feels that this wasn't covered adaquately in the
Wassenaar Arangement and a lobbying effort is underway
to 'correct' this.

http://www.heise.de/tp/english/inhalt/te/5124/1.html

:>
:>  ...
:> > What do you mean? I don't know of any import or export restrictions in
:> > Europe on cryptography? ...
:>
:> I envy you - you must have had a long long vacation on a nice, warm
:> island in the pacific a long long way from the rest of the world. ;)

: well I was in australia ;-)

:> Most countries in Europe have some sort of export restrictions on
:> cryptography. Check out http://www2.epic.org/reports/crypto1999.html
:> for a good overview of these.

: The Netherlands doesn't, and that's where I'm from (the USA is pushing
: the Netherlands, but I hope they will stay where they are)

: cu,
:       Olivier
:         ___________________________________________________
:   )     Olivier Sessink

: |~~~| )
: |   |'  Working without coffee is like driving without fuel
: `---'

--
Exit! Stage Left!

SSH2 Client for Win32?

Post by r.. » Tue, 03 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Well, that was a waste of time.  No ssh2 support and the
> author is quite clear that he has no intention of adding it.

> Scott

> > Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 23:44:37 -0700

> > Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.security, comp.security.ssh
> > Subject: Re: SSH2 Client for Win32?

> > Putty is the best I have found.

> > http://www.replay.com

> > Pasadena Networks, Inc.      http://pasadena.net
> > Network Security             Tel: 310-967-8175

> > > It really doesn't have to have many features at all... I am just looking
> > > for a way to log into my Linux machine running ssh2.

> :
> : J. Scott Lambdin             ___|_/
> : Food and Beverage Director    \  O/
> : The Highlans                   _/
> :                                 |
> :                                 |
> :                                -^-

Did you try www.datafellows.com ?

SSH2 Client for Win32?

or http://www.vandyke.com/download/securecrt/beta.html
--

SSH2 Client for Win32?

Post by Daniel Robert Frankl » Wed, 04 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>>Did you try www.datafellows.com ?

>or http://www.veryComputer.com/

*y export restrictions :-(

- Daniel
*       Daniel Franklin - Postgraduate student in Electrical Engineering

SSH2 Client for Win32?

Post by Dominic La » Tue, 10 Aug 1999 04:00:00

: http://www.zip.com.au/~roca/ttssh.html

People are talking about SSH2 while ttssh only supports SSH v1.5
protocol.

Dominic

--
Dominic Lai, Assistant Computer Officer, CS System Group
Computer Science Department, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology

SSH2 Client for Win32?

Post by Rob Pop » Wed, 25 Aug 1999 04:00:00

SecureCRT 3.0 (currently in Beta) has been working great for us.

> : http://www.zip.com.au/~roca/ttssh.html

> People are talking about SSH2 while ttssh only supports SSH v1.5
> protocol.

SSH2 Client for Win32?

Post by Dominic La » Sat, 04 Sep 1999 04:00:00

: SecureCRT 3.0 (currently in Beta) has been working great for us.

Yes, if "us" = United States.  :-(

Dominic

--
Dominic Lai, Assistant Computer Officer, CS System Group
Computer Science Department, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
Home Page : http://www.cs.ust.hk/~dominic
PGP Public Key: ftp://ftp.cs.ust.hk/pub/dominic/pgp.pubkey.asc

NOTE: Any unsolicited mails will be reported to <rbl.maps.vix.com> to have
      the corresponding mail domains added to the blackhole list.

SSH2 Client for Win32?

Post by john » Sun, 05 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> : SecureCRT 3.0 (currently in Beta) has been working great for us.

> Yes, if "us" = United States.  :-(

> Dominic

> --
> Dominic Lai, Assistant Computer Officer, CS System Group
> Computer Science Department, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
> Home Page : http://www.cs.ust.hk/~dominic
> PGP Public Key: ftp://ftp.cs.ust.hk/pub/dominic/pgp.pubkey.asc

> NOTE: Any unsolicited mails will be reported to <rbl.maps.vix.com> to have
>       the corresponding mail domains added to the blackhole list.

CRT costs $.  Try Free ;-) Putty.exe.  Works great!!!

Find it at ftp://ftp.jjgb.com/pub

Have at it...

--
Please remove *NOSPAM* for Email reply...

SSH2 Client for Win32?

Post by Peter Bieringe » Wed, 08 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> CRT costs $.  Try Free ;-) Putty.exe.  Works great!!!

Right, but it has problems with German keyboard layout :-(

Instead of this all function keys will work - in contrast to TeraTerm.

Any hints?

TIA,
        Peter

SSH2 Client for Win32?

Post by Rick Henr » Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:00:00

There's a free Windows SSH client available at:
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~ci2/ssh/

HTH
Rick

> SecureCRT 3.0 (currently in Beta) has been working great for us.

> > : http://www.zip.com.au/~roca/ttssh.html

> > People are talking about SSH2 while ttssh only supports SSH v1.5
> > protocol.

SSH2 Client for Win32?

Post by Cedomir Igal » Sat, 18 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> There's a free Windows SSH client available at:
> http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~ci2/ssh/

I am afraid that Subject: line was "Re: SSH2 Client for Win32?" so this
one will not help.

Regards, C.I.