Trouble connecting to an SSHD box(RH7 newest SSHD)

Trouble connecting to an SSHD box(RH7 newest SSHD)

Post by <bedun.. » Thu, 01 Feb 2001 17:16:58

Hi All,

I need some help with sshd. I have installed it generated the host key files
and am running sshd protocal 1 on my RH7 box, this is the latest version of
the software. When I try to connect to it via secure crt with the ssh1
option and a keyfile set up I get an error from SecureCRT that says "Packet
Length received from server > 16K" Any help on this is much appreciated.

Thx,
-Ben

Thx again.

1. sshd does not seem to autostart in RH7 runlevel 3

Hi,

Being a security conscious fashion terrorist, I installed the whole
openssh deal on my Intel RedHat GNU/Linux 7 system. I set sshd to
start in runlevels 2,3,4,5 using the runlevel editor of the control
panel. The problem is that whenever my system reboots, sshd does
not appear to start automatically. If I log in, and then simply
run sshd as root, then it will stay up fine, but it does not seem
to start by itself. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Charlie
--

Earth System Science, University of California, Irvine CA 92697-3100

2. Please Help me:Socket Problem

3. sshd RH7.1 no connection

4. GDB seg faults

5. cannot connect to sshd from putty/teraterm

6. Turning off popper logging. I've read TA# 109326

7. Showing routing table, connecting to sshd takes a really long time

8. kppp not present?

9. sshd[7194]: refused connect from unknown

10. Odd?: sshd(2) accepts ssh1 but not ssh2 connects

11. Can't connect to sshd or smbd over network

12. freebsd 4.2 sshd, telnetd, pop3 and ftpd all hang after connect

13. Running sshd from nfs mount on all box's