linux security certification

Post by www.c0r3dump.co » Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:00:00

howdy netters
I was lookin for some linux course/certification in the areas of linux
security. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

--
===============
Saqib Ali

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by MONZ » Fri, 10 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> howdy netters
> I was lookin for some linux course/certification in the areas of linux
> security. Does anyone have any suggestions?

http://www.linuxcertification.org
It's the Sair Gnu Linux Certification programme. Sylvan Prometric hosts
the certification sesssions, which are like any other M$ or Novell
ditto, ie. approx. 45 Q's in 50 minutes of something.

Tried the LCE (Linux Certified Engeneer) admin part (one of four) early
this spring, failed by a small margin because of Q's related to apps and
features I just hadn't tried of had any use of yet. Ohh, and regular
exp's with cmdlines by heart is mandatory. You've got less than one
minute per Q, with 45 secs left to judge a few doubtful answers, by the
end of examn.

The certifications are not related to any distribution, which I find
good.
--
Regards,
              Mogens Valentin

linux security certification

Post by Ron Morle » Fri, 10 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I don't know of anything specific to Linux, but you might want to check
out the SANS Institute's GIAC certification.  Just follow the link from
www.sans.org for more info.

HTH,
Ron

--
Ron Morley - UNIX Admin |My opinions are mine.  No one else wants them.
Aquinas College         |"Weird scenes inside the gold mine" - The Doors